Why the Beats Hate?
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,562 of 2,037
Great for the house, but those are two headphones you can't really take out-and-about
wink.gif
. I suppose it's possible with the M-50X but the fact of the matter is I've seen multiple audiophile sources pick the Solo3 as their favorite on-ear. Studio Wireless is typically labeled as inadequate though.

I'm a bit of a nut and I use both of them outside of the house. M50x finds itself in my backpack almost every day, but I will be taking the HD700's to school as well since I now have a shorter aftermarket cable for them as well as a Fulla 2 dac/amp, and a hard carrying case. 

That being said, my girlfriend has the Solo2 wireless and I think they're decent headphones. Great for portable listening if you enjoy their sound signature. They're definitely not for everybody but I get why some people enjoy them. I'd rather drag around my clunky headphones but I won't knock people for wanting something more portable. 

I still think Beats are overpriced for what you get though. Value for money is a big selling point to me and is a big reason why I've never owned a pair of Beats. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,563 of 2,037
I see music lovers with beats more often than others so hate them if you want but they and the sound signature (JBL and sony extra bass also share in common) are relevant. They are lowering prices some like with the beats EP at $130 but as a major brand they are always going to be a bit higher in price.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,564 of 2,037
  I see music lovers with beats more often than others so hate them if you want but they and the sound signature (JBL and sony extra bass also share in common) are relevant. They are lowering prices some like with the beats EP at $130 but as a major brand they are always going to be a bit higher in price.

I've heard plenty of people listening to Justin Beiber...doesn't make it any good.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #1,565 of 2,037
I've heard plenty of people listening to Justin Beiber...doesn't make it any good.

I believe 95% of Justine Beeber fans own Beats and the remaining 5% will own them when they get EDIT get out of nappies

A marriage made in heaven:dizzy_face:

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #1,566 of 2,037

Did you ask each one of these trendsetters if they love music. What was the size of the survey sample and the percentage of Beats wearers who did in fact claim to love music. What sort of music did they listen and does it in fact qualify as music in each case.
How many wearers actually listened to anything at all. Were the Beats broken,were they used as ear warmers or just simply for the look???!!!!!!????!

A lot of questions I admit but we need to know

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,569 of 2,037
I've had at least 5 pairs of HD 25's and they are very comfortable and loose fitting, definitely not like a vice.

I also have Parrot Zik 2, and other NC phones, not really much of an improvement over normal closed headphones and the price markup for lower overall sound quality is not worth it

Agree HD25 is supremely comfortable. Mind you I have used them for years. for the most part every single day. I fitted the very convincingly leather like HD25 Aluminium pads a few years ago and they feel superb and wear in and fit like a glove.

The Sennheiser is in a whole different universe to throwaway cheap and nasty tat like Beats and Skullkandy

I also have a preference for on ear headphones as opposed to over ear. Full size headphones tend to make my ears sweat, feel claustrophobic and put uncomfortable pressure on my lower ear/ upper jaw area.

Beyerdynamics are acceptable exceptions along with small over ears like Focal Spirits.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,572 of 2,037
Did you ask each one of these trendsetters if they love music. What was the size of the survey sample and the percentage of Beats wearers who did in fact claim to love music. What sort of music did they listen and does it in fact qualify as music in each case.
How many wearers actually listened to anything at all. Were the Beats broken,were they used as ear warmers or just simply for the look???!!!!!!????!

A lot of questions I admit but we need to know

Some of them i talked music with and some of them were not beats owners/trendsetters.
But I am not doing a survey which could never satisfy haters unless the results were in their favor , only noticing which brands are popular. 
What type of music wouldn't matter as your not the music police and people can enjoy types you may not

I skateboard and many of us use music while doing so as an example.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,573 of 2,037
  That means those people think he is good besides the label that signed him. regardless of personal opinion.

Some people hate the beatles doesn't mean they suck when so many enjoy them.

A lot of people who say Miley Cyrus sucks but she killed it on one Arctic Monkeys song. One stated it was the best cover he heard of any of their songs.

commercial hits are Gawd awful sometimes, but sometimes these artists can surprise on covers

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #1,574 of 2,037
They sound alright and feel comfy to me, but I wouldn't want to pay retail price for them. With that being said, my first pair of headphones were a pair of Beats Pro like 5-6 years ago as a gift, so they still hold a special place in my heart no matter how much I trash on them.

Jan 8, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,575 of 2,037
Agree HD25 is supremely comfortable. Mind you I have used them for years. for the most part every single day. I fitted the very convincingly leather like HD25 Aluminium pads a few years ago and they feel superb and wear in and fit like a glove.

The Sennheiser is in a whole different universe to throwaway cheap and nasty tat like Beats and Skullkandy

I also have a preference for on ear headphones as opposed to over ear. Full size headphones tend to make my ears sweat, feel claustrophobic and put uncomfortable pressure on my lower ear/ upper jaw area.

Beyerdynamics are acceptable exceptions along with small over ears like Focal Spirits.

I prefer in-ears to over the heads, like urbeats and enjoy their sound. Senn I haven't tried in years. But when I did I didn't enoy their sound, the majority of the market must feel the same way and why other brands like beats,jbl and sony are more popular . I haven't tried beyerdynamics but I haven't seen anyone with them either.

Some of skullcandys in ears sound alright for their cheap price but they have a little too much high end siblance for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back