Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Jan 29, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #664 of 1,413
i saw this just now, and i was thinking i only drink it straight up. what about you guys? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794794/the-decline-of-drinking-straight-whiskey

Why would you want to add anything to a really good whiskey?

Straight only for me 99% of the time. The only exception is adding fresh coconut water to JW Black when visiting family in Trinidad. Sounds strange, but try it one time if you can get ahold of genuinely fresh coconut water.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #665 of 1,413
  i saw this just now, and i was thinking i only drink it straight up. what about you guys? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794794/the-decline-of-drinking-straight-whiskey

I usually drink my whiskeys straight or with 1-2 drops of water. I don't like my whiskeys ice-cold. Occasionally I'll have a bourbon and cola or Irish coffee but I'm not much for other cocktails.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #666 of 1,413
Head-fi hurts my wallet in more ways than one...

I bought a Speyside today (my wallet!) thinking "this better be good!"

I'm very impressed -- I've never experienced such aromas and flavors before. I've been dabbling in blended whiskeys and a single malt is just something else entirely. I'll probably pick up an inexpensive High West whiskey for when I want to drink and keep the Speyside for when I want to experience.

Thanks ya'll; it's like when I first got into headphones; opening avenues I never knew existed till now.

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #667 of 1,413
  Head-fi hurts my wallet in more ways than one...

I bought a Speyside today (my wallet!) thinking "this better be good!"

I'm very impressed -- I've never experienced such aromas and flavors before. I've been dabbling in blended whiskeys and a single malt is just something else entirely. I'll probably pick up an inexpensive High West whiskey for when I want to drink and keep the Speyside for when I want to experience.

Thanks ya'll; it's like when I first got into headphones; opening avenues I never knew existed till now.

Well, tell us the name of the whisky at least!

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #670 of 1,413
So I haven't been much of a whisky lover so far to be honest; I'm more a fine wine, or old rhum, good gin, armagnac lover. I can appreciate a good whisky, even choose a good one as a present for someone else, I have the feeling I know what to look for; and so far old Ardbeg's I tended to find really interesting, but I would never deliberately choose whisky for myself...
Recently I got given a Japanese whisky, and I must say it is really agreable to me, easy to drink, and I somehow suspect it might make me delve into the whole whisky world more, eventually.
Very accessible, appears not very whisky-like in a way to me, very different, kind of soft, fruity even: White Oak - Tokinoka

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #674 of 1,413
Walked into our Total Wine and found a bottle of Orphan Barrel Barterhouse...<3

How is it? I bought their original release, and although it was decent, I didn't feel it's taste equaled the $80 price tag.

Lately, I've been enjoying Straight Edge and Slaugtherhouse, thanks to a comment. from mrscotch guy. For $40 a bottle, the Straight Edge has been very enjoyable to me.

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #675 of 1,413
Here's my collection as it stood about a month ago. I've since finished off the WhistlePig and bought some Talisker 10 year in its place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back