Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ?
May 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #31 of 130
The final's aren't MA (BA) and I wouldn't get too caught up in character for type of driver. These MAs are all in sealed cases but they could easily be designed for and vented for exessive bottom just like some dynamics. Point is they can be manipulated just like dynamics with different materials and design tweeks. I think the idea of them is to be a better dynamic and the ones made so far have aimed at accuracy. The results are eye if the beholder.

May 21, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #32 of 130

Quote:

Ok thanks "True to the mix" is definitely what I want . I now listen only to Dance Styles of music with it's many Genres.. I'd only consider the GR10's if many reviews agreed they  were  a higher quality sound than the E-q5's, since the GR10's are considerably more money in the UK than the E-q5's .

It is because of the extreme difference in the reproduction of bass presence in relation to the mids-highs ,on tracks with a more dominant low end ,between the CK10's and other headphones namely HD25's & G2a'  that is driving me to fully research  the opinions of the E-q5's and any other I.E.M's . Simply so I don't buy the wrong I.E.M .

I'm trying to establish a general consensus of how these MA's produce the bass regions so as to get a idea before spending money.Do the eq-5's  have a sufficiently balanced low frequency range  relative to the mids and highs,so as to be able to accurately reproduce the Dance Genres of music.Not only the specific genre of electronica ,which can be very light in the bass regions compared to Tribal /Tech House  for example .

But the different tastes that are forming opinions on many boards  makes it very difficult to get a decent Idea of what level and true to recording accuracy the E-q5's have .That is why I wanted opinions from people whom  are House,Trance,techno music Fans .

The Title asks 

I was hoping that fans of these Genres whom had tested out these I.E.M's could give some valuable information .

Only if rumbling sub-bass is in the original source :)

30Hz isn't that sub either ! .Maybe that was the issue I had with the CK10's.The "average" 808 kick drum can be anywhere around 46Hz + / -  .The  essential bass presentation that was missing may of been the Sub of the drum .Add to that the forward nature of the CK10's Highs and you have, relative to some Dance music, a very unbalanced I.E.M.

Sigh! so maybe I can't as yet have my CK10's Mid-highs and Dynamic driver lows and bas impact in a I.E.M with the moving Armatures .

I just wish some knowledgeable Dance music fans would give me the Low down on the E-q5's .

Just get both e-Q5 and grado10 and sell which ever you don't like
tip: ask Dimitri he has offered discounts to people if order 2 pcs.

May 22, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #33 of 130
Shigzeo pointed me to this great test track for rumbling sub-bass: Markus Schulz - Mainstage from his Progression album. It does almost nothing with the CK10, whereas with DD based IEMs like the FX500/700 you'll get a nice in-ear massage. MAs are about halfway in between.

May 22, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #34 of 130

Quote:
Shigzeo pointed me to this great test track for rumbling sub-bass: Markus Schulz - Mainstage from his Progression album. It does almost nothing with the CK10, whereas with DD based IEMs like the FX500/700 you'll get a nice in-ear massage. MAs are about halfway in between.

I'm going to try out the E-q5 :) I'll let you guys know if I'm happy with them or not .

May 27, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #35 of 130

Quote:

Well I was sent some MA's, eq-5s & I will be sending them back.Quite appropriate they come packaged in a tin can  .They simply do not have a adequate sub bass  and are too mid -high focused for Music like House , prog trance,or indeed many native bass drums, that  are rich in sub bass frequency content .

I  believe the  isolation of the FX500/700's will not be enough for some of the environments I will be using them in .And I presume that would also apply for the Sony EX1000  .Which is a shame as the latter look like the best built most durable I.E.M I've ever seen . 

I'm pondering if some of the other westone I.E.M may be the sound signature I want . 

As I own Westone 3 .It  can get down with the subs when called upon, though a little too heavily for me at times and I'd like a little more unison within all the frequencies. 

The natural listening evolution for me would be to check out westone 4 or maybe even westone 2 or possibly even UM3X as many say they definitely reproduce less bass  .But which one? since I can't compare them all due to cost .

Is this less bass due a steeper sub bass roll off than the westone 3's?,which I don't want,or are the bass regions on the other westones tuned to be slightly more equal with bass reproduction relatively?.

May 27, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #36 of 130
I don't think my W4 have significantly more bass quantity than the e-Q5. Maybe a bit more extension below 30Hz, but that's about it. Btw. did you only try stock tips with the Ortofons? The Sony Hybrids will give you better bass (but of course not more extension).

May 27, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #37 of 130
I used  tips that came with some other I.E.M's very similar to the stock tips but with a wider circumference  . 

As you say different tips won't give more low freq extension . The actual quality of the bass within the limited range that the e-Q5 can produce is excellent .It just didn't go deep enough for some music . 

At least now I have 3 sound signature Bench marks so as to focus my research more .Those being the westone 3's,ck10's and e-q5's . The e-q5's certainly had more bass impact than the ck10's ,though the low end extension of these two I.E.M's were similar .

If westone 4's have cut out the sub bass regions that westone 3 produce I am not sure there is a upgrade path for me with BA's .The   high end Dynamics  don't seem to have decent isolation .

May 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #38 of 130
IE8 if you don't care about clarity, UM3X or Westone 4 if you do.

May 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #39 of 130

Quote:
IE8 if you don't care about clarity, UM3X or Westone 4 if you do.

Of course I care for clarity . I want a monitor class I.E.M .

Which gets down deeper, the UM3X or the W4? .Maybe one of these will be just want I want .

Though 

Quote:James444
 I don't think my W4 have significantly more bass quantity than the e-Q5. Maybe a bit more extension below 30Hz

Quotes like this make me feel otherwise . I guess it depends on how much that bass extension is .

May 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #41 of 130
I think you may want to try the Atrio MG7.

May 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #42 of 130
i was on the same search and tried them all. conclusion: you won´t get the bass you are looking for from a ba type universal. especially sub bass rumble. so you have two choices: ie8 (which i stayed with) or go custom. the kozee x3 might be a good choice in the lower price range. ue11 in the higher. i will go for both in the coming months.

May 28, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #43 of 130

Quote:
i was on the same search and tried them all. conclusion: you won´t get the bass you are looking for from a ba type universal. especially sub bass rumble. so you have two choices: ie8 (which i stayed with) or go custom. the kozee x3 might be a good choice in the lower price range. ue11 in the higher. i will go for both in the coming months.

why would you get better bass in a ba custom then a universal since there the same technology ?. or do some of those customs you mentioned also have dynamic drivers in the mix.

I don't hear the westone 3 as lacking in sub bass presence,not for a I.EM anyway ! It's not a colored rumble or boom that I want . And of course a I.E.M of any type isn't going to give me much conductive bass .

I'm not listening for a I.E.M to have the bass that a full size headphone delivers for they are physically different animals .

Maybe the ie8 will be ok, though I don't wish to lose the speedy response of BA's .I have read many times that the ie8 has plenty of bass, though it's the quality which I may not be completely satisfied with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back