Which I.E.M's Can produce House,Trance,techno Music's sub bass ?
Jul 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #121 of 130
 I've read about a alternative way of reducing the brightness on the FX700 without having to resort to EQ .

I used some Grey Silicon tips that came with another I.E.M.As  mentioned on many other posts the smaller hole size  reducers treble.

SM3 & FX700 comparison coming soon :)

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #122 of 130

Quote:

SM3 & FX700 comparison coming soon :)

popcorn.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #123 of 130
If time permits, I should have a comparison of the EX1000, FX700, and Atrio M5 before next week. Though I'm a novice (at best) and nowhere near as elegant as some of the writers here at head-fi. Nevertheless, that's never stopped me in the past, since I'd rather we all contribute than not contribute altogether.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #124 of 130
rolleyes.gif
Looking forward to that  review .

Give each I.E.M  a fair chance by listening to each of them for long enough so you become accustomed to there individual sound signatures . I've read many "opinions" (sometimes my own ) that have too quickly jumped to a conclusion about a I.E.M or headphone because the sound signature didn't match what they'd got used too .

Reviewing the EX1000, FX700, and Atrio M5 you are comparing some of the best Dynamic I.E.M's . In my opinion the best reviewers strive to make an objective analysis of the particularly sound characteristics of each I.E.M .Headphones are objects and the sound they produce are  objects passing on there vibration/energy.Musical instruments are objects etc etc etc. .Bearing that fact in your brain when reviewing will keep the information you present based on the fundamentals of music /sound . 

It's the physics of sound that is the useful information that can help people choose the right kind of I.E.M's for them . Add to this  reviewers whom know him/hers own personal musical preference and why they prefer that preference  and the review will be more of a concise guide.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #125 of 130
I used the ck10 for a long time (read my review for my impressions - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/558427/kiteki-review-audio-technica-ath-ck10-the-calvin-klein-of-iem-s) and for pure sub-bass reproduction the Sony EX700 is delivers those sound waves the best of the IEM's I've heard so far, in regards to "hearing" vs "feeling", this song is a pretty good example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7C6olzcEcs I think this pertains to the nature of the 16mm dynamic driver, I have heard some other bass-heavy IEM's with songs like that one and usually find the bass too boomy or fatigueing.

I listen to a good deal of Trance and Hardstyle music, but mostly darkwave and EBM and that is where the EX700 stands out to me (after I EQ the 1kHz region down with about 4dB to remove harshness).

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #126 of 130

Quote:
I think this pertains to the nature of the 16mm dynamic driver

Yes the FX700 reproduce the sub bass regions very well . A good way to describe them is to imagine your standing next to a Big bass drum . Now when that drum is hit hard all that energy hits your body as well as moving your hear drums .Of course no headphone or I.E.M can reproduce that effect as the energy they produce is concentrated on the ears . But the FX700 is capable of reproducing sub bass energy thus it gives a very natural feel to the bass .As some have said a Big headphone dynamic sound .

Quote:
I listen to a good deal of Trance and Hardstyle music, but mostly darkwave and EBM and that is where the EX700 stands out to me (after I EQ the 1kHz region down with about 4dB to remove harshness).

You can also use some buds with a smaller bore sized hole to lower the highs . After I replaced the Stock tips with tips with a smaller hole size the highs came down nicely .

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #129 of 130
Yamaha EPH-100 and Ortofon e-Q5 are my recommendations.

Since I'm a trance DJ you should definitely trust me haha

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #130 of 130
Resurrecting an ancient thread, are we? 
wink_face.gif

TF10 is still my favourite for EDM, especially trance. W3 was my favourite too, until I sold that recently and used the fund to purchase 3.Ai which I have high hopes for, especially for EDM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back