Which headphones have the most BASS?
Sep 8, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #31 of 87
oh well, then I haven't got any other suggestions. Not based on personal experience. but I'm told the Monster Turbine Pro Gold in ear monitor should be pretty bass heavy...

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #32 of 87
XB sounds like their pads, squishy.

And Denon aren't bassy headphones. They are Balanced on the point neutral.

LOL, that is YOUR opinion (and there are thousands on this site).

You pay your money, you make your choice.

Excuse me while I bump a little techno through these big XB's.

:L3000:

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #33 of 87
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (250 ohms)  (under $200 USD)
Though I would consider it reasonable not out of proportion to the rest of its sonics, but I think you definitely won't be disappointed.

I hear good things about the Sennheiser HD650 too. (less than $350 USD)
I haven't listened to the Sony XB-Series but plan to test at least one model year.
I plan to buy the Sennheiser HD650 later this year too.

Sep 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #34 of 87
D5000/7000, Monster turbine gold. LCD 2. DT770

Sep 8, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #35 of 87
hd650 is not bassy, it's pretty well balanced.

audio technica es10 could be just right. just remembered I had them and their bass was really mean
basshead.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #38 of 87

Quote:
This is my first time reading this thread. When EQing, what kinds of frequency curve shapes do you use?

Bass, I use a U shaped one.

My bass EQ

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #39 of 87

The best fsc for bass and the best fsiem for bass
pro 900,
jvc fx700 (ie8 is close behind)

If those don't do it for you then nothing will. This is a fact.

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #40 of 87
In terms of most visceral impact and rumble the cups produce, ultrasones have given me the most midbass impact, while the D200 has given me the most sub-bass rumble, but impact felt in the chest will only happen with full sized woofers.

I could see an EQ A900 having more bass impact than EQ'd ultrasones.  From my experiences, the more bloated the bass reproduction of a headphone is, the less impact it'll get from EQ.  Ironically enough though, I found the DT990 to EQ for bass extremely well.  You won't get any true visceral kick out of it though, as sound pressure leaks from open headphones.

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #41 of 87
Sep 9, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #42 of 87

The best fsc for bass and the best fsiem for bass
pro 900,
jvc fx700 (ie8 is close behind)

If those don't do it for you then nothing will. This is a fact.

Naw, just your opinion.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #43 of 87
Hi it was very interesting to see this thread and I am quite a basshead too.. I have tried most bassy ultrasone models hfi 580/780/pro 900s and I happen to try a pair of Beat Studio as well.. I hate to say this but while the ultrasone models had great bass... it just somehow lacks the Bass you can feel at ur chest like TM Raven just said... however, when I first tried the beats, they did give me this feeling, but that was only the initial few times that I have tried it... can someone possibly provide an explanation to this?

Also, I am looking forward to the higher end models of Ultrasones like Ed.8/9, I was wondering whether they would provide the subwoofer feeling that a speaker system would provide as I always see the ed.8s described as 2 subwoofers at yo ears...

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #44 of 87
I tried my friend's beats studios against my denon d2000.  I don't really feel subwoofer bass from them, but moreso the denon.  He put on robocop from kanye west with a a bass boost EQ, and put the volume level up pretty loud.  At the beginning of robocop, you got this cool visceral thump from each side of the headphone that goes back and forth, because there was just so much punchy midbass going on.  It was about the only thing the beats boasted.  I then let him try the Denons and I played ni**gas in paris from the new watch the throne album with bass boost on and high volume, and the Denons absolutely crushed the Beats Studios when it came to reproducing that low, low bass.  With a song like Kanye West's Love Lockdown, the Denon hits the third, lowest note of the bassline with considerable rumble, while the Beats are anemic.  The same was true for this one Zerg song that's full of 20-30hz bass on the Starcraft 2 soundtrack,  So I think you might just be after the midbass impact the Beats have, which I'm surprised you didn't get the same out of the Pro 900.  Either way you'll never get impact in your chest out of any headphone.

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #45 of 87
I have heard good things about D2000 although I ve never tried them but people here do complain that it is somewhat "boomy" and lacks impact, I guess the bass I am looking for is not the amount but rather the depth that it goes down and the heart -shaken "feeling"... yea I ve always enjoyed a speaker set up but usually subwoofers in an apartment near school = lots of trouble at night lol :frowning2:

guess i ll have to grab a used pair or try it in some audioshop here in Montreal because i make the decision for a pair :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back