Which headphone to buy?
Dec 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #17 of 26
I was recently shopping for budget closed headphones (~$100) and ultimately chose the Shure SRH440s which I am very happy with. I didn't get a chance to listen to the HD448 so I can't make a comparison there but I did listen to the HD280 Pro, ATH-M50, K240S (which are $100 on Amazon btw), and Koss Pro DJ100. Lots of reviews of the SRH440s in the forums. Try to demo several phones at Guitar Center or Sam Ash. Failing that, you can buy the SRH440s at Best Buy, use them for a week or so and return them no hassle (I've done this with two other open boxes no questions asked!). 

Also, here's a nice comparison of the HD448, SRH440, Sony MDR-V6, and Denon AH-D1001 (FWIR the same driver as the Creative phones recommended above):
http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=460

Happy hunting!

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
I was recently shopping for budget closed headphones (~$100) and ultimately chose the Shure SRH440s which I am very happy with. I didn't get a chance to listen to the HD448 so I can't make a comparison there but I did listen to the HD280 Pro, ATH-M50, K240S (which are $100 on Amazon btw), and Koss Pro DJ100. Lots of reviews of the SRH440s in the forums. Try to demo several phones at Guitar Center or Sam Ash. Failing that, you can buy the SRH440s at Best Buy, use them for a week or so and return them no hassle (I've done this with two other open boxes no questions asked!). 

Also, here's a nice comparison of the HD448, SRH440, Sony MDR-V6, and Denon AH-D1001 (FWIR the same driver as the Creative phones recommended above):
http://www.headphone.com/rightbetweenyourears/?p=460

Happy hunting!

thanks for your reply. I am from the UK so it may be a bit of a problem.I appreciate your efforts nevertheless.  I would say they are all over my budget looking at prices. Could you please suggest some with a lower price?. thanks

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
How do i get this thread bumped up? 

The thread gets bumped every time someone comments. The lack of definitive responses may be because there simply isn't a clear stand-out among closed headphones in your price range. Given what you want and the music you enjoy, the Creative Aurvana would be a fine choice. This thread is encouraging. There's a lot of good information available by searching existing threads on this site.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #21 of 26
I have only researched/tested phones in the $100 range so can't comment on anything else here. As wily points out there are a ton of other threads on this topic, so find a couple options you are interested in and search on those for further opinions. 

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #22 of 26
Take a look at the JVC HARX700's/900's. If you dont mind buying bulky hp's they are great. 

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #23 of 26

Quote:

How do i get this thread bumped up? 

The thread gets bumped every time someone comments. The lack of definitive responses may be because there simply isn't a clear stand-out among closed headphones in your price range. Given what you want and the music you enjoy, the Creative Aurvana would be a fine choice. This thread is encouraging. There's a lot of good information available by searching existing threads on this site.

Thanks
thanks. As of know I have looked at all applicable headphones and narrowed i down to a few :

Sennheiser HD415

Sennheiser HD435

Goldring DR150

JVC HA-RX700

BEYERDYNAMIC DTX 710

Any suggestions

thanks

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Take a look at the JVC HARX700's/900's. If you dont mind buying bulky hp's they are great. 

Thanks for you reply I am currently considering the JVC RX700s along with others :

Sennheiser HD415

Sennheiser HD435

Goldring DR150

JVC HA-RX700

BEYERDYNAMIC DTX 710

Any suggestions, also how good are the JVCs I hear mixed reviews,how about comparisons. thanks

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back