Which earphones are the best for techno/trance music?
Nov 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 31
There is no such a thing like "best"
For me best is one thing, for you another...

For under 200 you can get RE252
Radius DDM (HPTWF11)
HEJ900
IE7
DBA-02

What do you like, Dynamic drivers or Balanced armatures?

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 31
I've heard that the A900TI is the best headphone available for techno/trance but it's a headphone and it's a little rare
normal_smile .gif

I agree, SF5pro will suffice.

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #6 of 31
It actually comes down to preference too. Actually I enjoy trance with my re-zero too

(stupid android keyboard, doesn't let me write I, it converts it to If)

Nov 18, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 31

Quote:
There is no such a thing like "best"
For me best is one thing, for you another...

For under 200 you can get RE252
Radius DDM (HPTWF11)
HEJ900
IE7
DBA-02

What do you like, Dynamic drivers or Balanced armatures?

1+

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 31
I listen to a LOT of trance and bass-heavy music, and I have to say stay away from Shures. Unless I plug them into my computer and bass boost the hell out of them, i simply can't hear a single bit of bass. I own the se310s, and they're around your price range (at least they were when I bought them), so if these are any indication you'd need to go much higher in order to get any better. Just a warning.

If you want to go all out and break the bank, the Westone 3's or Sennheiser IE8s are perfect for trance, house, etc, but are upwards of $300. The IE7s are similar to the IE8s, cost less and sound only slightly worse apparently, so you might consider them. 

Klipsch make some nice IEMs that are quite bassy too, but you'd have to ask about specific models as I've only had brief experiences with them.

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #12 of 31
For $200 and under the Future Sonic Atrios would be a good fit for the kind of music you listen to. I have the Future Sonic Atrios and non of my other earphones/headphones (Phonak Perfect Bass, Audio Technica CK7, Sennheiser Px100, and Koss Portapro) were as engaging and fun to listen to like the Atrios.

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 31
i listen to lots and lots of trance the ie8's are great huge bass nice lush mids for female vocals in progressive non fatigueing and wide sound stage for the effects

i have also tried listening to re0's shure 530 and tf10's rezero is hopeless for trance others are good but just doenst have the bass impact sennheiser gives (similar to festivals and raves ive been to)

Quote:
I listen to a LOT of trance and bass-heavy music, and I have to say stay away from Shures. Unless I plug them into my computer and bass boost the hell out of them, i simply can't hear a single bit of bass. I own the se310s, and they're around your price range (at least they were when I bought them), so if these are any indication you'd need to go much higher in order to get any better. Just a warning.

If you want to go all out and break the bank, the Westone 3's or Sennheiser IE8s are perfect for trance, house, etc, but are upwards of $300. The IE7s are similar to the IE8s, cost less and sound only slightly worse apparently, so you might consider them. 

Klipsch make some nice IEMs that are quite bassy too, but you'd have to ask about specific models as I've only had brief experiences with them.

Mar 12, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #14 of 31
Most likable for techno is the Triple.Fi 10.  It has excellent bass, treble, and sound stage, very fun to listen to for techno stuff, more so than most everything else I've used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back