Which albums sound best with your Grado?
May 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #122 of 295
Rush on vinyl. Try listening to moving pictures if you can. Amazing drum reproduction. Amazing bass tones as well. Pretty much anything by rush sounds amazing through my 325is. Another album that I thought sounded superb was camels "the snow goose" I haven't heard the digital version but I know the vinyl is great.

May 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #123 of 295
Njord by Leaves Eyes sound good with the SR80's. 

May 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #125 of 295
Quote:
Rush on vinyl. Try listening to moving pictures if you can. Amazing drum reproduction. Amazing bass tones as well. Pretty much anything by rush sounds amazing through my 325is. Another album that I thought sounded superb was camels "the snow goose" I haven't heard the digital version but I know the vinyl is great.

+1

the first time i heard grado was at an audio store in chicago. they had grado sr325is with a music hall 25.2 amp, i heard rush's "working man" on them, and immediately fell in love. i can never recreate that first experience, that detail, that crispness i've never heard before in the song, it was just incredible and awesome. 

listening to Dio's holy diver album and the smashing pumpkin's siamese dream on my rs1i tonight, highly recommended. great albums that show you what grado headphones can really do 
tongue.gif

May 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #126 of 295
Was actually listening to some old recordings of The Beatles and Moody Blues last night. The HP1000 are so forgiving and enjoyable with this genre. Such great headphones.

Iron Maiden Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is another great sounding album on the Grados.

May 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #127 of 295
Quote:
+1

the first time i heard grado was at an audio store in chicago. they had grado sr325is with a music hall 25.2 amp, i heard rush's "working man" on them, and immediately fell in love. i can never recreate that first experience, that detail, that crispness i've never heard before in the song, it was just incredible and awesome. 

listening to Dio's holy diver album and the smashing pumpkin's siamese dream on my rs1i tonight, highly recommended. great albums that show you what grado headphones can really do 
tongue.gif

Woah, that's weird. I listened to Holy Diver last night through my 325is's. AMAZING production on that album in my opinion. Shame on the Night is probably my favorite song on that album. 

May 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #128 of 295
Quote:
Was actually listening to some old recordings of The Beatles and Moody Blues last night. The HP1000 are so forgiving and enjoyable with this genre. Such great headphones.

Iron Maiden Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is another great sounding album on the Grados.

I've been looking for that Maiden album on vinyl for a while now. I hate buying online but I might have to. 

May 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #129 of 295
I've always loved the Dave Matthews Band because they've managed to remain to deliciously natural and layered while still being catchy and dare I say poppy, but I hadn't really heard their live album Remember Two Things until I heard it through my PS1000.

May 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #132 of 295
(Jeff Beck Group) Specifically the EMI remaster issued in Europe in 2004 or Japan in 2008. This album through Grados might be the best thing I've ever heard, ever. This particular remaster synergizes with Grados in a way I don't think I've heard another album synergize with any other headphones or Grados for that matter. The raw energy and power as well as the NASTY tones of Jeff Beck's guitar and Ronnie Wood's bass really shine with the Grados' in-your-face presentation.

Really, though, any NY+CH is ideal for Grados, just, the heavier the better and this one gets pretty heavy (Broken Arrow, that is).

May 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #133 of 295
In regards to DIO "Holy Diver".  Is that the msfl version?  I just got the msfl master and it seems to clip just a bit which is kinda annoying.  Sound pretty great in the mid-range but just a bit hot and tizzy in the highs.

May 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #134 of 295
This one's kind of out in the middle of music nowhere, but Get Rich or Die Tryin' by Chewing on Tinfoil sounds absolutely fantastic on my SR80i. Due to the nature of the recording and odd guitar sound I find that it jives better with lower-end Grados than my upper stuff.

May 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #135 of 295

Be Aggressive, great Grado track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back