Whats up with t he Chroma 1
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #106 of 126
You know me too well!
Do the new Balanced Chroma have the white or the black cable?
Is it both SE and Balanced like the first version?

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #107 of 126
the new chroma exist in two different version:
normal with the normal jack and pro with a different(better?)cable with only two 3 pin balanced connector.
the two cables are blacks, i think.
aldo

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #108 of 126
Thanks Aldo.
Also you forgot to mention: No RudiStor No rosgr63!

PS I can see the smile on your face!

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #109 of 126
yes, a big smile
ksc75smile.gif

aldo

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #110 of 126
I have received my pair.  Initial impressions are that they sound generally very good - ultra smooth, very nice mids, Bass is pretty full, not sure just how deep yet, but there is no lack of weight or articulation.  Treble smooth, may lack a little very top end sparkle.  Soundstage seems very wide but not super-deep.  But overall very good.  Comfort is mixed - they are almost impossibly light, but they use Grado Bowl pads, which I am not crazy about.

But these are just very initial impressions with basically no burn in.  More later.

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #111 of 126

Quote:
I have received my pair.  Initial impressions are that they sound generally very good - ultra smooth, very nice mids, Bass is pretty full, not sure just how deep yet, but there is no lack of weight or articulation.  Treble smooth, may lack a little very top end sparkle.  Soundstage seems very wide but not super-deep.  But overall very good.  Comfort is mixed - they are almost impossibly light, but they use Grado Bowl pads, which I am not crazy about.

But these are just very initial impressions with basically no burn in.  More later.

Hi Skylab,

thanks for your first impressions.

Still waiting for more!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #112 of 126
Dear Skylab,
   Is it difficult to drive?  Can it be driven directly by ipod or Hifiman 801?
   If we would like to have more bass , can we send to Larry @headphile and change into wooden earcup
will it make the chroma md1 better?
Thanks,

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #113 of 126
I really don't think it lacks bass, except maybe at the very bottom.  I don't have any problem with the bass weight.

I have not tried driving from something like an iPod so far.  I'm out of town at the moment but will try that this weekend.  From a good amp, though, the MD1 is a very, very enjoyable headphone.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #114 of 126

i agree with you.
the bass is very good, was better a little more low frequencies between 20-40 hertz
aldo
Quote:
I really don't think it lacks bass, except maybe at the very bottom.  I don't have any problem with the bass weight.

I have not tried driving from something like an iPod so far.  I'm out of town at the moment but will try that this weekend.  From a good amp, though, the MD1 is a very, very enjoyable headphone.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #115 of 126
Indeed, that has been my exprience exactly - a little lacking in the bottom octave, otherwise very good weight and overall bass quality.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #116 of 126

Quote:
i agree with you.
the bass is very good, was better a little more low frequencies between 20-40 hertz
aldo
Quote:

Aldo change to tubes then the Chroma will be fine!

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #117 of 126

Quote:

Quote:
i agree with you.
aldo
Quote:

Aldo change to tubes then the Chroma will be fine!

never!!!
biggrin.gif

my beta-22 is the best amplifier in the world
biggrin.gif

aldo

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #118 of 126
I have only used it with tubes, and that certainly does not add any bass in the bottom octave
wink_face.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #120 of 126
I have used it with my customized RPX33 and I have absolutely no problems with the low octaves that other headphones does not have as well, you will never get a visceral bass from any headphone, at least I do not know of any yet (for that you need a subwoofer, and sometimes not even those get that low...) Do not forget it is an open headphone and as usual you have a lot of leakage as well...Closed headphones tend to be a little more deeper in the bass, but even though, till now no luck as a perfect credible bass yet...(not easy in speakers neither) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back