Whats up with t he Chroma 1
Jun 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 126

mobayrasta

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody seen or heard these yet. 

http://www.rudistor.com/chroma%20md1.htm they will be at Can Jam this weekend so hopefully we will hear some reports.

MoBay

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 126
Interesting. I'd like to know how these sound in comparison to the other top tier cans out there. Seems like everyone is jumping on the $1000 bandwagon. 
popcorn.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 126
Yes me too. Everybody at Can Jam needs to check these out and post impressions. I emailed them and here is their reply 

MD1 use a Magnetic dynamic transducers ( small speaker ) 
On Feb 2, 2010, at 3:39 AM, Christopher Junkin wrote:

Are your new headphones Planardynamic  (Orthodynamic). Or are they just dynamic phones. I am very interested.

Chris

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 126

Quote:
Yes me too. Everybody at Can Jam needs to check these out and post impressions. I emailed them and here is their reply 

I wish to be in the states for Camjam...i dont want to miss it! I need some cans upgrades to make. 

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 126

Quote:
Looks similar in design to Grado.

I read this before I clicked the link and thought "Well Grados took a lot of influence from earlier headphone designs" then I looked at the picture and you are right, whatever Grado to match and change on the headphone design they used, these guys look like they had the exact same thing in mind.

Looks like a full metal MS1000.

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 126
I really don't like the look of that thin wire cup-hanger. It looks cheap and unreliable, for an $1K+ headphone. I get the idea that it will just slide up and down and not stay put in the most comfortable position. Maybe in reality it is great......

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #10 of 126

Quote:
I really don't like the look of that thin wire cup-hanger. It looks cheap and unreliable, for an $1K+ headphone. I get the idea that it will just slide up and down and not stay put in the most comfortable position. Maybe in reality it is great......

i agree on that - they look like taken from WESC headphones:

I also dont like the place where the cable goes into the cup - it should be suspended (protected in some way from bending too much) or else it'll break in no-time.

they better sound fantastic :)

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #11 of 126
there was another thread on the chroma a short while ago. 
it debuted at the japan expo a month or so ago.
under another name:  the Rudistor "Titanus".
i cracked jokes about the name, as did some other folks.
interesting to see that it was changed.  
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 126
I have not heard it myself, and honestly I do not like the look neither too much, they for sure look like the Grados, but there is no much you can do to make any heapdhone look different unless you have someone made plastic molds, and a whole industrial process, and spend an small fortune on that process. Going wood and metal is a lot cheaper and more reliable, and offer usually better results for small runs, the pads of the cups are a lot bigger than the Grados...According to Rudi the sound has nothing to do with any of the Grado line...at least I liked that part, waiting for a pair to show up....
o2smile.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #14 of 126
You are incredible guys...So you prefer that someone lie or kiss an ass rather than being honest!!!

Well FYI, last time I checked I'm still a member of the trade, and a very good friend of Rudi, simply my friendship with him is not based on a commercial basis at all (I know that in this country mainly all is about money, but fortunately for us, we are both from abroad, and we both have other values to look for, before the money) and we have an honest friendship, period...in other words, I do do not need to kiss his ass to be his friend or a member of the trade for him...Sorry to be so direct.

As a side note, as in the past I have expressed my dislike (many times) about the look of the Grado headphones, and I still do not like them at all, and that is not a secret, and if those, and regardless of whomever do them, look the same way (sound is not but the look is similar) what can I say now? That I'm floored with the look? Sorry but I prefer to be objective, and the most important thing for me, honest with myself and my previous position, and sorry but I do not like the look neither. And they may sound fabulous, but I have not heard them yet.

If any moderator feel that as a MOT I have not being clear enough about my position, or feel the need of removing this post, please be my guest and delete this post, I was just trying to be objective...nothing like a marketing plug in here...at the end the sound will decide what items stay and which goes, and which manufacturer to trust...And I have no idea how they sound yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back