What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
Oct 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #857 of 911
After coming here, I bought the Sennheiser Momentum and Fiio E07K amp/dac. My poor wallet...

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #860 of 911
First purchase was a Beyerdynamic DT-880 250 ohm sold as "like new" from amazon marketplace.  I returned it almost immediately due to a defective earpad and decided to go with an HE-500 from HiFiMan.  My first amp was a little Pro-Ject Head Box bought from Crutchfield which lasted about 3 weeks before I decided to return it and upgrade to an Audio-gd NFB 6 to go fully balanced.  Only other purchase I've made since then is an 4-pin XLR terminated Norse Audio Skuld 2 to replace the stock HiFiMan cable.  And that's my current rig and I'm perfectly happy with it and foresee no upgrades in the future. 

What about a DAC?? Nice setup BTW!

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #861 of 911
My first purchase was a Sennheiser Momentum... though I found head-fi when searching for info about the Momentum, so I don't know if it really counts. A few weeks after I bought an HD598 because I got curious with this "open heapdhone" thing... 

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #862 of 911
i found this site by accident.  i was looking for high end iems, and the only ones that I could find on amazon were shures and westones.  while doing a google search, i came across David's great flagship thread.  I soon bought some westone 4s, and soon after that, I bought some sennheiser hd600s

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #863 of 911
What about a DAC?? Nice setup BTW!

Don't need a DAC with the Audiolab 8200 (see my signature)--it's all in one using the 32-bit ESS Sabre chip for D/A conversion.  And thanks, I agree it is nice.

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #865 of 911
I haven't brought anything since joining this site. But my first purchase might be the Alpha Dog or the LCD XC
basshead.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #866 of 911
My first purchase was a Koss Portapro for travelling. Grados are not suitable for the Streets of Seattle. Much better build quality and durability than the Skullcandy phones that fell apart after ten months of gentle usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back