What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
Sep 4, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #212 of 911
Etymotic er-4s and total bithead. Long plane rides have never sounded so good
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:08 PM Post #215 of 911
Senns HD-600 and MG-head OTL. Its only been 2 months since then and I already have a new iriver ihp-140 new er4p's and new ath em7's. This place is tearing apart my wallet really really fast.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #216 of 911
Alessandro MS-pros
Then, just as Iron_Dreamer stated above, "the madness truly begain!", though still in a relatively mild form:
AKG - K501
Beyerdynamic DT531

Just the other day I almost bought Sennheiser HD25 but in the end could resist - though this probably won't last long, as I really liked what I heard...

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:51 PM Post #217 of 911
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby
Etymotic er-4s and total bithead. Long plane rides have never sounded so good
smily_headphones1.gif

Couldn't agree more. I actually look forward to travel again!
CPW

Sep 8, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #220 of 911
Just bought myself a pair of Ety ER6i's.
etysmile.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:02 AM Post #222 of 911
Just ordered the Senn HD-25s, cause I really needed a set of closed cans and these seemed the best fit and sound/value ratio. However, after reading so many rave comments about the AKG K501s, I can already feel the madness begin. However, I have a strong constitution and expect that I'll be able to resist, for awhile at least.
lambda.gif

Sep 8, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #225 of 911
Hmm... it seems I haven't contributed to this thread yet. Anyways, my first purchase was the Koss PortaPro 2, since I'd heard great things about them and they were (at the time) on sale for $20 at Circuit City. The things said about them were right and they've now lead to me completely forgetting my previous hobby (overclocking) in favor of headphones and Hi-Fi. This place is evil... since becoming a regular here around April/May I've already purchased two headphones, an amp, and three sources, and I'm thinking about modding the sources, buying a THIRD pair of headphones, and upgrading my amp & cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back