What languages can you speak?
Mar 4, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #63 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Macau is a good place , i went to macau last Saturday and had a nice weekend !

I haven't been back to HK in decades, last time I was there I was 4 yrs old. I should seriously make the time and go back there for a visit.

Mar 4, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #64 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sincerely hope no one speaks Klingon here.

Now that's just nerdy right there.

That is sooo last decade.

I speak Zerg.

Mar 4, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #65 of 169
English (first) and Vietnamese (second).

I used to speak Cantonese when I was younger but have forgotten it now, but could pick up little bits of information here and there.

Learned Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish and Italian in school but wouldn't remember anything but basic greetings and maybe count from these.

I could probably swear in Croatian, Serbian and Tagalog but that's just hanging around my mates in high school
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #66 of 169
English is my primary language and Spanish is my secondary. I can also understand French but i can not speak it.

Mar 4, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #67 of 169
Main is Russian, but also Dutch, English, Ukrainian.

About Dutch. Have heard from someone that Dutch been discovered by two drunk gentlemans, German and English
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forced to learn Dutch at the moment. It's sound kind of like a Brit lost in Switzerland.

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #69 of 169
I speak English and the Universal language.
eek.gif

Also, a bit of German from high school, but I'd have to spend a lot of time in Germany before I'd be very useful with it.

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #70 of 169
Fluent:
English
Mandarin
Taiwanese

I have a fairly strong grasp of Japanese, like TV (unless they lapse into kansai dialect), Jap RPG games, simple novels, but I am not anywhere close to being capable of traveling in Japan by myself without language difficulty.

I can order dimsum in cantonese . . .
smily_headphones1.gif
which is the most important thing to me anywayz.

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #71 of 169
I'm fluent in Dutch, slightly less fluent in English and even a little less fluent in German.

Aside from that I speak a bit of French, a bit of Spanish and a bit of Hebrew. (I can do a bit more than order a beer in those languages)

For the rest I can say "Cheers" in a lot of languages. (a lot, dunno how many really)

Mar 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #72 of 169
I speak english and the more colourful words in about half a dozen other languages.

cheers
Simon

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #74 of 169
I speak Portuguese and English fluently, German and French almost fluently, some Spanish. I can listen and understand Italian but I can't speak it.
I have also some knowledge of Portuguese Sign Language.

I would like to learn how to speak Japanese and Arab.

Mar 4, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #75 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
English
Shanghainese
Mandarin

...Shanghainese is not a language; just a different dialect of Chinese (along the same line as Cantonese, which also is NOT a language)..before you know it we would have people speaking Beijingnese, Shezhuannese, and Hongkongnese
wink.gif

where do these madness stop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back