What languages can you speak?
Mar 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 169
I am at least demi-lingual; I can read, but not understand, english. Also, I am re-learning québécois.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #18 of 169
English and Ozark.

Yes, it's a joke, the Ozark I mean. It's more of a dialect, and my ex-wife speaks it better than I do, but then she lived in Mac county for several years.
wink.gif

Laz

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #20 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come you know Taiwanese?
i dont even understand a word of Taiwanese during their conversation....
eek.gif

My parents, aunts, uncles, speak it so I picked it up as well.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #22 of 169
Just English. I can speak Spanish about as well as a four- or five-year old, and I can write it about as well as perhaps a ten-year old. That means I can order food and ask for directions, but not much more.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #25 of 169
Fluent in Swedish,Finnish and English, I also speak a little bit of German.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #26 of 169
I speak and write English and French fluently. I get by in German and speak fluent drunk.

Currently learning Inuktitukt. (...and I thought German grammar sucked)

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #27 of 169
English (1st language)
Marathi (2nd language-primarily gets spoken in the house when talking to or with my mother)
Hindi (spoken with the larger Indian community, but prefer to stick to the first two)
Sanskrit (I can recite/understand prayers in this language, but my mother is trying to teach me conversational Sanskrit)

I can also passably speak French (most of it disappeared after graduating high school), and can understand a good bit of spanish.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #29 of 169
Apart from my native, only ony seemingly fluent is English.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #30 of 169
I can express my love in 8 languages and insult people in 11 languages but most fluently in Turkish and Albanian. Other than that, I speak Chinese (Mandarin), German and English fluently. Decent French, horrible Spanish.

Forced to learn Dutch at the moment. It's sound kind of like a Brit lost in Switzerland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back