1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What languages can you speak?

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Akathisia
    I would really like to learn Russian...

Maybe old Norse (I think the closest to old Norse is Faroese).

2. SuperNothing
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Serbian (native), Italian, Macedonian, some russian and english. The last one i can understand about 90%, but this is the second time in my life that i actually wrote something...

Oh yeah, i'd really like to learn spanish, german, japanese and chinese. It's cool to be able to understand as many languages as you can. That's how i came here in the first place [​IMG]

Your English grammar is a lot better than many native English speakers I see online. I would say you have it down.

3. goober-george
    English and some Korean.

4. NajoBB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNothing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Your English grammar is a lot better than many native English speakers I see online. I would say you have it down.

Hehe...thanx. But to be honest google helps me alot, and i watch lots and lots and lots of english/american movies. [​IMG]

5. Xephyr
    English, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), and I took French in high school...does that count?? =D

6. fatko
    Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Nope, born and raised in the USA. My parents and grandparents are from Macau. My grandparents don't speak or understand English, so I need to speak to them in Cantonese.

Macau is a good place , i went to macau last Saturday and had a nice weekend !

7. gallardo88
    i can speak italian and english fluently, a little bit of french, and some persian ..

8. 1117
    I can speak both Spanish and English fluently. I know very basic French and moderate Portuguese (I can understand it, I just have trouble vocalizing it).

My specialty is BS, though. [​IMG]

9. red sox 7327
    Can write in latin and can speak english. Currently learning arabic.

10. JSTpt1022
    This thread is depressing. I speak English sort of...

11. fatko
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    This thread is depressing. I speak English sort of...

English only? [​IMG][​IMG]

12. PYROphonez
    English for me. I can usually understand Spanish and have a short and simple conversation.
    What I'd really like to do is go to Israel and learn Hebrew. I only know a bit, and after 9 years in a private school (K-8) with Hebrew class, I can't speak the language. Hmmmmm...

13. GlendaleViper
    Me talk good english and coud writ the words a lot of them timee!

Currently learning Youtube.

14. scompton Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I would really like to learn Russian...

Maybe old Norse (I think the closest to old Norse is Faroese).

I took an Old Norse class in college. Hardest class I ever took. Most fun and interesting too. We read about half of Njal's Saga. I learned a lot about English from that class.

I worked with a woman who was Armenian and grew up in Iran. She could speak, read, and write, fluently, English, Armenian, Russian, and Farsi. She was passable in Greek. Five languages and 5 different alphabets. Beside the professor in the Old Norse class, she has the most impressive language skills of anyone I've ever met.

15. Akathisia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I took an Old Norse class in college. Hardest class I ever took. Most fun and interesting too. We read about half of Njal's Saga. I learned a lot about English from that class.

That is AWESOME. I have a wierd interest in Vikings [​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last