1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What languages can you speak?

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. plainsong
    English, and a little bit of Finnish, and a little bit of Swedish. I feel more comfortable with Swedish (of the Finlandssvensk variety) even though I've taken more classes in Finnnish.

Oh yeah, and Latin, as if that's of any use.

2. 2deadeyes
    English
    Shanghainese
    Mandarin

3. fatko
    i wanna learn some Spanish, any Latino here?

4. Syler
    Polish
    English
    Russian
    Lithuanian

5. Uncle Erik Contributor
    English, Spanish and Latin.

Sort of related, I read, understand and can play music, read and use schematics, and can send and receive Morse Code.

If you want to include jargon, then legal, accounting, electronics, construction, and computers.

6. krmathis Contributor
    Norwegian (Fluent), English (very good).
    ...and can make myself more or less understood in German, Swedish and Danish.

7. scompton Contributor
    English, although not according to my British friends

I can get by in French, I had 5 years in school but that was 30 years ago. I've taken 4 trips to French speaking parts of Europe and managed. When watching French movies, I sometimes stop reading the subtitles, but quickly need to read again.

A very little, ASL (American Sign Language) or really Signed English. My wife is hard of hearing, although mostly oral. I have been to parties where I was the only hearing person and I've been to 2 Gualludet University homecomings.

Spanish would be the handiest language to learn since you run into native Spanish speakers every day here in DC

8. warubozu
    Besides English, I can speak and understand Cantonese.

9. fatko
    Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Besides English, I can speak and understand Cantonese.

HKer?

10. paulllaser Contributor
    English, German, Spanish (only enough to get by with patients), and Latin (hope the Roman patients don't show!).

11. unknown123
    English, Bad English, took sign language for a couple years, and a little Spanish hardly enough to count though.

12. warubozu
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    HKer?

Nope, born and raised in the USA. My parents and grandparents are from Macau. My grandparents don't speak or understand English, so I need to speak to them in Cantonese.

13. ZepFloyd
    is there somewhere online where you can learn say like spanish?

14. guzziguy
    Amurican now. I used to be able to speak passable French.

15. NajoBB
    Serbian (native), Italian, Macedonian, some russian and english. The last one i can understand about 90%, but this is the second time in my life that i actually wrote something...

Oh yeah, i'd really like to learn spanish, german, japanese and chinese. It's cool to be able to understand as many languages as you can. That's how i came here in the first place [​IMG]

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last