What is the most comfortable headphones you've worn?
Dec 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #61 of 159
Sony XB series. You really can't go wrong with them if you're looking for comfort. People at my school grab and squeeze the pads because they're so soft. :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #62 of 159

Quote:
I know the AKG 701/702 and the Sennheiser HD 800, HD 650, HD 600, HD 598 are suppose to be very comfortable, but is there a stand out? I would suggest the AKG 701 as a stand out, but they are the only expensive headphones I've used. What is/are the most comfortable pair of headphones you have ever worn?

I agree. AKG K702s disappear the second it touches your head.

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #63 of 159
I hate to be "that guy" but, I don't like the beats.. and they are easily the most comfy I HAVE EVER worn wow.. lol (studios)

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #64 of 159
From what I've tried:

1)  Sennheiser HDxxx - Super deep cups (no part of your ear touches).  Very soft, non-itchy velour pads.  Well padded velour headband.  Stays cool/breathable.

2)  AKG x70x - Deep cups.  Large velour pads and self adjusting design that works.  The only flaw is the headband is a little hard/could use more padding instead of bump design.  I don't really mind it much though.

3)  MDR-F1 - Completely open design.  If your ears are small enough, they touch nothing.  Ecsaine pad/headband material is lovely.  No chance of ears overheating.

Honorable mentions go to:

The ATH AD series for being very light with big soft pillowy pads.  The lose points though for itchy pads (their velour is itchy for some reason).  Also not enough joints and adjustability means one size does not fit all (bad for small heads) and they put pressure on your lower jaw a bit.

Beyer DTxxx.  I love their velour.  So soft.  Not enough depth in the earcups though to house my ears.

KSC75 for only touching the tops of your ears.  These should be on the list actually, but clip headphones are somewhat subjective for comfort.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #66 of 159
Bose 
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #68 of 159

I said K601 and HD800 awhile back but I reckon my new Beyer DT990 gets pretty close, it's a snug fit
but they're so light and the pads are very cushy on the lobes :)

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #69 of 159
the grado gs1000i is perfect for me.

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #70 of 159
First wear a baseball cap, than put the akg k1000 on. You instantly forget you are wearing headphones!

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #71 of 159
HD800 of course is most comfortable where you won't notice it at all. other then that i find probably the 240DF's for how light they are. i actually find the leather pads more comfortable on my ears. i would say the k601/701 but velvet actually feels very weird on my head but very comfy non-the-less and can be worn for hours but i just find leather pads overall more comfy.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #72 of 159
All right, now that I have my Stax SR-202...it's not quite as comfortable as the vintage Lambda, but close. Surprisingly, it's not the higher clamping force of the Nova-style headband that bothers me nearly as much as the foam inside the earcups. Since all the vintage Lambdas had their foam deteriorate years ago, most of them sold today will have the foam removed, mine included, which is probably why I'm not complaining about it there.

Later Stax models, SR-202 included, should have cloth in place of the foam, which I would think would feel much better against the ears. You can even buy the cloth inserts from Yama's/STAX USA...for $25 per pair, or much more with the earpads. Way too much for my liking.

And as for the higher clamping force...perhaps it doesn't disturb me quite as much because of how the earpads distribute the pressure.

Still, I think the comfort edge goes to the original Lambda headband/arc design precisely because of the lower clamping force. I'm not sure why they changed it...

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #74 of 159
My cousin has a pair of the older grado sr80s and they are easily the most uncomfortable headphones i've ever worn. I was in pain the second the exposed plastic pressed against my ears. Might as well have just covered the drivers in sandpaper.

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #75 of 159
Audio Technica Ath AD700- Its like having two ghostly speakers one never knows are there.
Sony MDR-XB500- Ah two pillows to snuggle on the sides of my head while enjoying music.
Koss UR-40- Nice mesh netting support on top of the head. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back