What headphones do you have, and what do you still want?
Dec 12, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #1,291 of 1,450
I have
DT880
DT770
Sony MDR-V6
ATH-M50X and M50 (don't ask)
Pioneer SE-A1000
JVC ESNSY HA-SR85-B-E

still want ?? not really sure anything I really want is more money than I feel like spending on it..

for now I'm probably staying pretty well put.

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #1,292 of 1,450
My current headphones are :

Open:
Audeze LCD-2 2017

Closed:
Denon D7200

Wireless:
Sony MDR-1000X

Headphones I want: None - They don't exist yet, but I'll know when I see them.

I've been through quite a lot of headphones over the last couple of years, always wanting something better, and sometimes going round in circles. I was always looking for something so natural sounding that it would just blow my mind. After hearing the Utopias and not being very impressed I decided that I was looking for something which didn't exist. The next headphones I buy will have to be radically different and better than what's available today, and not just a bit different.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #1,293 of 1,450
My current line-up is the Sennheiser HD800S, Focal Clear, Grado PS1000e, Beyerdynamic Xelento, and the Fiio F9.

The MySphere headphones made quite an impression on me at Capital AudioFest. If I could afford them, I'd snatch them up in a second... Well, once they officially go into production, that is. :)

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #1,296 of 1,450
I don't really have the intention of owning a bunch of headphones at one time. I generally just do research and get what might be good for me and stick with that, although Head-Fi has really piqued my curiosity, so there are a bunch I'd like to at least try.

I own the M50x (keeping around for my girlfriend to use) and enjoyed them for a few years but the comfort was starting to bug me. Then got the DT 770 Pro and honestly felt they weren't for me so I'm trying to sell them. I got the B&O H6 2nd Gen and they're a fabulous all rounder for looks, portability and sound, probably the best in its class, so I think I'll be settling on those for now and hopefully for a while. I might get an open back headphone for home use at some point, I'm very interested in hearing the HD600/HD650.

Of course I'd try some of the expensive models but I know I'll never own one, I can't justify paying that much for a headphone. There are some headphones I'm curious in but nothing I'm dying to hear. The 600/650 would be the one I desire to try the most.

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #1,297 of 1,450
I own: ZMF Ori, ZMF Blackwood, and Sennheiser HD 6XX (tried giving this away to some friends but nobody wanted it lol).

I want: ZMF Eikon (waiting for Padauk or something else), Stax SR-009S.

I recently returned an Audeze LCD-4 FYI because it sounds too artificial due to its treble.

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #1,301 of 1,450
Currently,
Over-ear: ATH-M50
Wireless: Jaybird X1
IEM: Xiaomi Piston V3(Like, 5 of them), Sony MDR-EX155-AP
What I want: DT77Pro 80Ohm, Jaybird X3, Something that can kick the Pistons from their throne for me. First AMP/DAC Pair.

---

I've always heard of how good the DT770's were for a rich bass experience, and since that's what I tend to enjoy the most, they seemed to be a perfect fit. I just have to muscle up some mons to make that happen. College kills all hobbies. :triportsad: I need to update my Jaybirds, their battery life is disappointing now. I've owned them since the X2 came out, so I can't disparage them. Finally, I'm really hoping to find something that can upset the Pistons for me. They really hit all the sweetspots for me; V Signature, sub 20$, durable, comfortable. There have been IEM's that I've tried that sound better, by maybe 10~20%. But they always cost like, 5x as much, or more. I might need to be redpilled on something for me to give them a rest. I really want my first AMP/DAC as well. I've looked at some, I found what schitt offers is appealing, but I've done negligent homework on it, since I can't afford that next step yet.

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #1,302 of 1,450
I'm absolutely thrilled with the B&W P9 Signature that I bought recently, I am in a good position as I could probably quit this hobby for good now, however, there are a handful of headphones that I haven't heard yet, and curiosity always get's the better of me, lol. I'm certainly not expecting any of them to perform at the level of the P9 Signature, but I will see. So i'm currently searching for an open-back headphone, maybe a planar magnetic one, and also maybe another closed-back one, and I don't mind if it's not at the level of the P9 Signature.

Current headphones i'm considering buying are; Beyerdynamic T70 (I've actually owned a T70 before, but definitely regretted parting with it, as time has passed and more headphones have came and gone from my ownership, i've realised how good the T70 really is.)
Astell&Kern T5P
Onkyo A800
Sennheiser HD800
Final Audio Sonorous iii
or Vi

Also there are a couple of new releases such as the KLH Audio Ultimate One and the Thieaudio Phantom Planar Magnetic that have piqued my interest. I shall decide in the coming days which one I will go for, and then probably call it a day.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #1,303 of 1,450
Have HFM HE-500, HEX v2; Senn HD-600

Want: MrSpeakers Voce and the cheapest used electrostatic amp that will make them sound great OR the Raal Ribbon (if its better than the Voce, Zhengmin is local so I'll probably hear them soon).

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #1,304 of 1,450
I have: ZMF Auteur (Silk), Aeon Flow Open, AKG K712 Pro, Takstar Pro 82, Audio-Technica ATH-AD700.

I want: A planar with better midrange that the AFO, maybe LCD-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back