What are your secret headphones?
Sep 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #31 of 80
Oh my.. Skullcandy Hesh & Smokin' Buds. Yeah needless to say neither of those get touched anymore.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #32 of 80
Hmm. Probably my old backbeat 106's. The plug on them died though, so I actually need to resolder the thing if I want it to work. Sounded nice though, albeit a bit muffled on the highs. Then came my Backbeat 326's, the first decent iem I got. Eq'd up, they sound great. Do vocals better than my hdj500s right now on some tracks too.

Sent from HP Touchpad.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #33 of 80
My first phone that clued me in was the original Sony MDR V6.  Yes, I'm that old.  

They're still respectable, but the constant flaking pleather drove me to better things after my 3rd or 4th pair...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 12, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #35 of 80
I do have 'em listed on my profile, but only to make my can collection look 'bigger'. I used to think the the Sony MDR-V150's were the best headphones in the world and nothing could ever beat them. I brought 4 of the **** things, before I got tired of them. Then while searching for a higher end pair of cans, I found Head-Fi. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #36 of 80
My first pair were Senn 202's. They were my gaming headset and music cans rolled into 1. When the ear pads fell apart I bought some 555's. I still love my 555's and don't think I'll ever get rid of them, despite the cheap and nasty method Sennheiser used to attach the pad on the headband.

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #37 of 80
Before I even heard the word "audiophile", I think I went through 2 Sennheiser CX300's :) I liked them so much back then I even bought the same pair when the first died hehe...

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #38 of 80

MDR-E10LP/L 

That was long time ago when i'm still a kid. Although i don't listen to it anymore, but it is still the earbud that introduced me to private listening! Am now stuck with my HD 600.

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #39 of 80
First earphones were the ones that came with Sony W595 phone. Then I bought a CX300II. The shell cracked after around a year and the right side started to lose volume. I still like the sound very much even though I have the W5000s now. Generally its very hard for me to hate a pair of heapdhones

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #41 of 80
Sony Eggo's.  One of the most practical and well designed portables out there.  Bass might be a tad absent and nothing pops out of the music anymore like you find with new, and better, headphones but in those sub critical listening times such as when travelling or just avoiding x-factor on the telly they are the business.  Nice little bag to sore them in, single sided wire with an extension as standard and the ability to crumple into a nice tight little ball when not in use.  Wish the form factor had continued.  

Andy

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #42 of 80
I actually used UE 18 Pros, Grado RS-2, and AKG 701 before I got on Head-Fi, and I still have them.  They aren't really a secret though, certainly not cheap, but I did spend a lot of time with them.  I don't have the Grados anymore.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #43 of 80
I used to swear by a pair of headphones that sold for 69 cents at the local Dollar Store. I still use stock Apple headphones that came with my iPhone when I know I'm going out for approximately the length of a podcast.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #44 of 80
Laugh now but I still have my first pair of Sennheiser hd 202's.  I loved them from the first time I heard them.  They made me start thinking about and persuing better sound.  I still listen to them to this day when I just want to crank it and rock out.

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #45 of 80
bose in ears (~1 year), then some 50 dollar sony in ears(~1 year), klipsch s4 (2 years and counting), beats solo hd (had it literally for a week before returning and getting m50's), then I finally got the K701's. The bose in ears really did get me actually listening to music, at the time I loved its warm sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back