What are your secret headphones?
Sep 4, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #16 of 80
I'm a complete newcomer, so I suppose these aren't really a secret (and they're in my equipment list...). Sony MDR G45 LP. 15 bucks, maybe. They're what I wear when I feel like I'll probably fall asleep while wearing my headphones, and don't feel like waking up to a broken (marginally expensive) mess.

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #18 of 80
Hmmm, well i know it's not the KSCs which i've burned through a bunch trying to mod them and giving them away. Can't be the MX-560s i would buy when i couldn't be bothered to stop by here because i found out they are pretty decent. So it has to be these pair of TEACs (??) that my dad would always give me because he got them for free from his work. My grandma would have a pair, everyone did, i liked the way they looked and they were comfy and padded. I found an old pair the other day and plugged um into my CMoy
smily_headphones1.gif
Yup they were pretty awful, ifrogz territory LOL, but i remember those days where they were my go to headphones.

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #20 of 80
I've got two....

Skull Candy Ink'd - they were a give away at a motorcycle shop. Now I can't give them away...

Koss Plug - not sure when, why, or where I got them... But somehow they have plenty of wear :xf_eek:

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 80

Quote:
I'm almost certain I saw a pair for sale here that look leftover for the past I will maybe pick them up!

I might buy one for nostalgic reasons. I might even buy two and keep one unopened hehe  I'm afraid of finding fakes now though and some places have REALLY jacked up the price...

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #22 of 80
sennheiser hd 201
and some sony bumpin buds

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #23 of 80

Quote:
Skull Candy Ink'd - they were a give away at a motorcycle shop. Now I can't give them away...

Microphonics, the IEM

Seriously. I had to use them on a trip because I FORGOT my cans at home and grabbed them at a local store.

That cable made me rage so badly

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #25 of 80
It's is strange you would write fakes as in the same store there was the same packaging for one pair of IEMS and it did not say Sony but looked the same as the Sony package right next to it! It was like they made both kinds of packaging for these fake Sony IEMs and a generic IEM? The reason I remember your pair is they have that distinct food drainer look which is unforgetable !

I read that the package color should be blue and made in Philippines. The white package is made in China and has poor quality sound. I will have to do more research but your right they are maybe not real.  

Quote:

I might buy one for nostalgic reasons. I might even buy two and keep one unopened hehe  I'm afraid of finding fakes now though and some places have REALLY jacked up the price...

My Skullcandy Inked just went bad at the cable plug 3 years after buying them. At $3.50 a year total average cost, I am getting another pair soon. I like the sound of Skullcandy Inked!

Sep 4, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #26 of 80
JVC marshmallow earbud's got them after my SKULLCANDY LOWRIDERS broke and never looked back. still pretty solid sounding little buds for the price.

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #28 of 80

Quote:
A Sony MDR-V6.  I kept it for awhile after getting the HD-650, but eventually gave them away.

whut...i thought the MDR-V6 were well liked around head-fi? .__.

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #29 of 80

Quote:
Microphonics, the IEM

Seriously. I had to use them on a trip because I FORGOT my cans at home and grabbed them at a local store.

That cable made me rage so badly

Your complaining about $10.99 IEMs as being degraded by a microphonic cable? 
wink_face.gif

For $10.99 they could be pink and yellow and smell like old shoes and I'd love em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back