What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #35,716 of 135,992
Quote:
Same situation my end. I did send Bleep an email to complain that what us vinyl editions buyers get offered to keep us waiting for delivery in MP3 isn't acceptable.
So I got my FLAC elsewhere, I needn't say more... how lame is that ?!

I pre-ordered my deluxe version via Amazon....it arrived last night. Totally worth the extra cash, I love the packaging. It is a little ridiculous to assume someone who buys 180gram vinyl in a deluxe package will be happy with mp3 as their digital copy. I did the same thing you did and *ahem* "found" a flac copy.

I felt the same way about the music during the first listen...I have the thing on relentlessly now though :)

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #35,717 of 135,992
I think that's the NY recording. It was great whatever it was.

I've been an Amon Tobin fan for a long time so anything he does is a no brainer for me.

Quote:
Woah, is this from when he performed in New York City?
I like his ISAM album to an extent (it's a tad bit too "abstract" for me).

Hmm. I never saw it available for pre-order. Might just go through Bleep today.
Quote:

I pre-ordered my deluxe version via Amazon....it arrived last night. Totally worth the extra cash, I love the packaging. It is a little ridiculous to assume someone who buys 180gram vinyl in a deluxe package will be happy with mp3 as their digital copy. I did the same thing you did and *ahem* "found" a flac copy.

I felt the same way about the music during the first listen...I have the thing on relentlessly now though :)

Mine did indeed have the file and I skipped the DVD completely and watched the HD file instead last night.
Quote:
So you can access the ISAM Live show HD data file ? It appears to be an empty file on some DVD's...

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #35,718 of 135,992
Quote:
Too Short - Life Is...Too $hort (1990)

cd-cover.jpg

Now playing..."City Of Dope"

That one was first released in January 1989, and then released again on another label in late 1990. Oh wow, the memories!!! In 1989, I listened to that album every day.

I had a friend at work, and he had a subwoofer in his lowrider pickup truck. Everyday at lunch time in '89, we hit the streets of Dallas, TX with that album blasting and had a smoke for lunch. 
wink.gif

Those were the daze!!! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #35,720 of 135,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
So you can access the ISAM Live show HD data file ? It appears to be an empty file on some DVD's...

Mine did indeed have the file and I skipped the DVD completely and watched the HD file instead last night.

Ah, so the HD data file is in fact a video of the live show with 16bit/48kHz 1411kbps LPCM instead of the regular 16bit/48kHz 192kbps MP3 for the soundtrack, am I correct ?

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #35,722 of 135,992
Joining in the Amon Tobin fun, and really liking it!

Foley Room (2007)

Gonna look to check out ISAM soon

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #35,725 of 135,992
Quote:
Quote:
Too Short - Life Is...Too $hort (1990) (1989)

Now playing..."City Of Dope"

That one was first released in January 1989, and then released again on another label in late 1990. Oh wow, the memories!!! In 1989, I listened to that album every day.

I had a friend at work, and he had a subwoofer in his lowrider pickup truck. Everyday at lunch time in '89, we hit the streets of Dallas, TX with that album blasting and had a smoke for lunch. 
wink.gif

Those were the daze!!! 
biggrin.gif

You're right about the date - typo after hours 
redface.gif
..."Short Dog's In The House" is 1990, also in the collection. Scrolling up to edit.

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #35,727 of 135,992
[size=small] "A Twist of [/size][size=small]Motown"[/size][size=small] ~ [/size][size=small]Lee Ritenour[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back