What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #35,746 of 136,400
Quote:
You are correct, the extra MP3's to DL are MP3. Most of those MP3's to DL are MP3 versions of what's on the 10" records AFAIUI?
So digitalizations of all of the 10" vinyl records are not available ATM AFAIK. Just the optical media content, 7x CD's in FLAC & 2x DVD's in MPEG2, and the extra DL's in MP3.

I'm not so bothered ATM, since even the FLAC mentioned above I haven't downloaded as yet. I want to get really familiar with his regular albums first, which I'm doing just fine. ISAM ordered on vinyl BTW, and likely before the end of the week I'll have ordered at least Foley Room on vinyl.

So you can guess what I'm listening to right now:
Working my way ante-chronologically; next on the list will be Chaos Theory.

It's all I'm listening to at the mo, really liking "Permutation" and "Supermodified" also the extra "Selected Scores" from the new one.

Thanks Morbid!  Never heard of him before you posted
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #35,747 of 136,400
He's a fantastic artist. Unique sound, IMO, and just does some amazing work. 

A fellow Head-fier (and myself) were drooling over what we heard right after the LCD 2 came out and we heard it on a prototype LF at the first Austin meet. We put on Sunhammer and listened like...10 times. It's the thing that really got me to go full throttle into this hobby. 

I had just got my D7000 and I realized that there were still so much more to go.

Quote:
It's all I'm listening to at the mo, really liking "Permutation" and "Supermodified" also the extra "Selected Scores" from the new one.

Thanks Morbid!  Never heard of him before you posted
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #35,749 of 136,400
Quote:
He's a fantastic artist. Unique sound, IMO, and just does some amazing work. 

A fellow Head-fier (and myself) were drooling over what we heard right after the LCD 2 came out and we heard it on a prototype LF at the first Austin meet. We put on Sunhammer and listened like...10 times. It's the thing that really got me to go full throttle into this hobby. 

I had just got my D7000 and I realized that there were still so much more to go.

I used to listen to a lot of experimental electro like Orbital and Leftfield, stuff like that in the ninety's, but they're not a patch on this guy. So inventive, never a stale moment.

and oh yes, it sounds good with the LCD2's. Can't imagine what it sounds like on the SR009's!  

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #35,751 of 136,400
I used to listen to a lot of experimental electro like Orbital and Leftfield, stuff like that in the ninety's, but they're not a patch on this guy. So inventive, never a stale moment.

and oh yes, it sounds good with the LCD2's. Can't imagine what it sounds like on the SR009's!  

The highlight of the box so far is definitely the Live CD. The CD sounds better than the DVD or HD file.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #35,753 of 136,400
[size=small]
41C20P1XP5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[size=x-small]  [/size]
[size=x-small]  [/size]
[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=0.86em]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em] "Chance & Circumstance"[/size]

Peter Malick 
[/size]

Oct 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #35,755 of 136,400
"Resolution" - Andy Timmons Band.  Phenomenal, warm, and euphoric
prior "Time Crunch" - Jordan Rudess.  Intense and complex, whatever I'm still enjoying Resolution........

All this warmth and euphoria is playing through Pandora thanks to Apple EarPods.  It's not reference grade, but right now it sounds phenomenal.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #35,757 of 136,400
Ripping an old vinyl I borrowed from my brother in-law...

Bill Evans - Alone (again)

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #35,758 of 136,400
Beth Orton - Sugaring Season

terrific new release...

strange enough, my favorite albums of 2012 so far are the new Gojira and the new Beth Orton.
they couldn't be more different. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back