What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #35,686 of 136,395

dt880smile.png

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #35,689 of 136,395
Does anyone know if the 180g 'collectors' box was released yet? You could preorder the regular set on Amazon but there was no preorder up on Amazon for the 180g set...which is the one I want.

Quote:
Same situation my end. I did send Bleep an email to complain that what us vinyl editions buyers get offered to keep us waiting for delivery in MP3 isn't acceptable.
So I got my FLAC elsewhere, I needn't say more... how lame is that ?!

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #35,690 of 136,395
Quote:
Does anyone know if Flying Lotus' Double 180g Vinyl Collectors Edition of Until the Quiet Comes was released yet? You could pre-order the regular set on Amazon but there was no pre-order up on Amazon for the 180g set... which is the one I want.

I pre-ordered mine from Bleep. I got a despatch confirmation email yesterday
cool.gif

I was listening to the digital (FLAC) version this afternoon, and early impressions were that although I wasn't as ecstatic as I was with Cosmogramma, it's an interesting album nonetheless...

I guess he really hit the sweet spot with Cosmogramma, combining musical universes I dig in just the right way. I gave it a listen straight afterwards, & it seemed more intense, more trippy, i.e. psychedelic, hitting more places in me, emotionally.

But, hum. I wasn't doing it right. First listen of Until the Quiet Comes I did via speakers. Obviously not loud enough. Listening to it again right now via my headphones, it's much, much better. Next time I'll play it way louder via the speakers, like I always do with Fly-Lo actually. What was I thinking?! Doh! I should have known: the same thing happened when I was first introduced to Fly-Lo with Los Angeles a couple of years ago; with the first listens I wasn't flabbergasted, but I tried again later louder with earphones, and it suddenly became apparent to me that this Steve Ellison was onto something...

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #35,692 of 136,395
Sounds like I know what I'm spending my next 40 bucks on.

The Amon Tobin HUGE boxset is in my mailbox at home today (after fighting with my mail carrier to get it here) so I'm excited about that as well.

All these 'collector's sets' have to get displayed somewhere in my home. Thinking about wall mounting a shelf above my listening station and keeping them all there.

Good idea?

Quote:
I pre-ordered mine from Bleep. I got a despatch confirmation email yesterday
cool.gif

Listening to the digital (FLAC) version right now, and early impressions are that although I'm not as ecstatic as I was with Cosmogramma, it's an interesting album nonetheless... It's just that he really hit the sweet spot with Cosmogramma.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #35,693 of 136,395
Woah, an Amon Tobin vinyl box-set?! I've missed that!

Aha, this one:

Sold out already; but I'm not that bothered, I don't care for CD' or DVD's...

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #35,698 of 136,395
"[size=small] [/size][size=small]Just A little Lovin[/size][size=small]' "[/size]

[size=small]Shelby Lynne[/size][size=small] [/size]

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #35,699 of 136,395
It's not sold out on Amazon. :D I bought mine there. 

Also, you're missing out. Bottom line. This is the best purchase I made all year (music wise).

I'm framing all the posters, and one of the 10" LPs has his 2 Noisia remixes on it. Worth the entry price alone there. Plus the ISAM Reinterpretations? Aww yeah.

Mostly previously unreleased or at least unreleased in physical form. 

Quote:
Woah, an Amon Tobin vinyl box-set?! I've missed that!

Aha, this one:

Sold out already; but I'm not that bothered, I don't care for CD' or DVD's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back