WHAT ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HEADPHONES EVER MADE? PART ll
Dec 19, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #91 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Grado HF-1 is by far the most beautiful headphone made to date, in my opinion.

The two tone, black plastic housing, silver lettering and the mahogany button in the middle is just beautiful.

They probably look better in person.

Sorry, couldn't resist; no Grados on the list though...

I like the looks of my finely-machined aluminum 325is but they are more tech/funky than beautiful; I can really appreciate the RS-1s for their "woodieness".

But it is definitely an acquired taste; Grados' rep isn't made on aesthetics at all, imho!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted for the w5000, elegant wood cups mounted on that "high tech" looking ( and damn comfortable ) Audio Technica frame.

My vote was the W5000 as well.

Dec 19, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #92 of 121
I like almost all of the headphones in this and the earlier poll. That is design-wise, they look good on their own. However many of them and other full-size cans look ridiculous/funny when people are wearing them. Especially if one's head is small. I have only seen 1 or 2 pics of the K1000s on someone's head that didn't look overly funny.

And absolutely hate the looks of the ATH headphones' wing-system. They spoil the great looks of the full-size woodies and L3000.

Dec 19, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #93 of 121
The Orpheus (and the SR-Omega, not the Omega II!)

resize5.JPG

The SR-Omega has a pure-business, no BS look, while the HE90 is pure elegance.

(Soundwise it's pretty much the same too, not surprisingly
tongue.gif
)

I can't believe the L3000 is winning... it's pretty gaudy in person. Just cause you slap leather on a headphone and paint its plastic rims bronze doesn't make it beautiful!

Dec 19, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #94 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiimote007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one that absolutely LOVES the clean white look of the AKG K701's?

cthumb_K_7486e27924352b.jpg

Because of the limited number of poll slots, you can click on the link on Page 1 and it will take you the other poll where the AKG 701's are listed. If you'd like, you can vote for them there. The AKG K701's are #6 overall on both polls. Beautiful headphones indeed.

Dec 19, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #96 of 121
Dec 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #98 of 121
Yes, those Pioneer SE-L40 are stunning headphones. The problem with this poll is that there are a limited number of slots, and as has been mentioned elsewhere, vintage headphones would probably not fair very well here, unfortunately. People tend to vote for what they know.

By the way, the Stax SR-007 is on the list. To vote: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/wha...r-made-382457/

In addition, this poll was started last year, and things change rather quickly. If I had my druthers, I would take out the Ultrasone Edition 9 and replace it with the newest Edition 8. Beautiful headphones!

2w2n1ac.jpg

Dec 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #100 of 121
Screen%20shot%202009-12-20%20at%201.50.42%20AM.png

gotta have them all it's a sickness and the only cure is music

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #105 of 121
third that; my wish list needs an upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C'mon man, don't be lazy, photoshop the headphones into one single photo.
tongue.gif

I am lazy; it's just a screenshot of my Picassa page from net photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back