WHAT ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HEADPHONES EVER MADE? PART ll
Dec 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #107 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Orpheus (and the SR-Omega, not the Omega II!)

resize5.JPG

The SR-Omega has a pure-business, no BS look, while the HE90 is pure elegance.

(Soundwise it's pretty much the same too, not surprisingly
tongue.gif
)

I can't believe the L3000 is winning... it's pretty gaudy in person. Just cause you slap leather on a headphone and paint its plastic rims bronze doesn't make it beautiful!

If you own both of those, I sincerely hate you.

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #108 of 121
^^ Luckily for akwok he does not own them anymore.
He used to though...

How about this fellow though?
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C'mon man, don't be lazy, photoshop the headphones into one single photo.
tongue.gif

headphonesd.jpg

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #110 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ Luckily for akwok he does not own them anymore.
He used to though...

How about this fellow though?
wink.gif

HOLY $^#&$%

That's...beautiful...

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #111 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C'mon man, don't be lazy, photoshop the headphones into one single photo.
tongue.gif

headphonesd.jpg

Nice setup! One behemoth collection of cans indeed!

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #114 of 121
The most beautiful headphones are one which are beautifuly art-tuned in non traditional form, which are unique original. The art design, art tunning is something unique as the idea made by master of tunning. So please present the beautiful unique tunned headphones and then go polling.

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #115 of 121
^^^ This poll was done awhile ago and there are already new headphones that should probably be included here; the Ultrasone Edition 8 for instance. Before I started the poll, I had asked everyone here to contribute. Obviously, this poll is limited to only 10 choices and these were the top choices amongst the contributions. I started another poll to round it out to 20. With 2 separate polls, it presented problems comparing the rankings on each poll. For instance, Part 1 of this poll has most of the heavy weights. On Part 2, the Audio-Technica L3000 crushed the competition but I don't know if the L3000 would have the same results on Part 1 of the poll. On top of this, Audio-Technica is overloaded on this part of the poll but I did the best I could given the limitations here. There are problems with all polls and so is the case here too. It seems you have different ideas as to what components make a beautiful headphone; the "tunning". Please give us examples.

Here is the other poll:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/wha...r-made-382457/

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #116 of 121
The W5000 is quite beautiful to me. Whereas the L3000 looks like it should come with a matching leather jacket and cap. Team it with a beige body shirt, a pair of brown crimplene flared slacks and some Cuban heel boots to complete the ensemble, and then set off into the night to pimp your hoes.

Feb 20, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #117 of 121
Lawton Audio LA7000 w/ APS v3 cable (don't like the look of the pink Jena), or Sony R10s.

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #118 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lawton Audio LA7000 w/ APS v3 cable (don't like the look of the pink Jena), or Sony R10s.

The craftmanship on the R10 woodcups are much nicer than Lawton modified earcups IMO.

I'm a bit surprised that folks think the W5000 is more beatiful than the W2002. I made a side by side comparison before, and the w2002 has much nicer finish and craftmanship than the W5000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back