What are the best headphones for Dubstep.
Sep 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Carson k

New Head-Fier
I have been making dubstep lately and cant really feel the bass and other audio. So I considered getting new headphones and I cant find good ones. I don't care what style but the audio has to have good bass and be able to hit the high notes too. I am willing to pay any amount. (but not like $1000)
Cheers,Carson

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 5
Denon D7000 if you can find them? :wink: (haven't heard them myself, but I had a modded D2000 that was essentially a D5000, and the bass and highs were very good (mids slightly recessed though, but I don't think that would be essential with dubstep?)) Maybe a Hifiman (also haven't heard them myself, but heard they have nice bass)?

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I have been making dubstep lately and cant really feel the bass and other audio. So I considered getting new headphones and I cant find good ones. I don't care what style but the audio has to have good bass and be able to hit the high notes too. I am willing to pay any amount. (but not like $1000)
Cheers,Carson

Heya,

Depends on what you really want to hear. Some people listen for the wub. Some just like the style in general.

Suggestions:

M-Audio Q40 with Fiio E10. The reason is, the hardware bass enhancement is excellent. Add a software EQ bump in subbass of 1 or 2 more db and you're set.

Denon D5000 with Fiio E10. The drop is incredible.

Very best,

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 5
I'd agree with MalVeauX but also add, depending on where you intend to use them:

- Audio-Technica ATH-M50
- Bose QC15
- Ultrasone PRO2900

The Ultrasone are the best sounding imho (but lack any isolation and are not meant for mobile use - you can plug them into your iPod or whatever no problem, they just don't block out outside noise), the Bose are best for areas you want isolation, and the Audio-Technicas have competent sub-bass performance and are fairly comfortable imho (they're "bassy" to me - this is more to other people who are likely to tell me/you that they're not basshead cans, they aren't, I just don't like tons of impact all the time), they also cost a lot less than basically anything but the Q40.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm using QC 15, and the bass isn't really that good.. but the NC is perfected

Maybe try the studios? I've tried those too, but I don't like the static noise that they make sometimes. the static noise is normal because it shows that the NC is working, but i dont like it. 

But my friend has told me that the Ultrasone Pro 900 is like the puffiest and pillow-like headphones that have the deepest bass he has ever experienced. I personally have never tried the Ultrasone Pro 900's, but from the reviews and stories I have read and heard, they are probably the comfiest and have the best bass. I would go with that or maybe Beats Studios. Orrrr you can try buying the Beats Mixrs, which are for DJ-ing and are comfortable. (except that they are a bit tight at first)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back