what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use?
Jul 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

prm4

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

Question: what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use?

I’d like to get your help with choosing some earphones for my everyday use. I’ve been looking through this site and following up on YouTube and I realised I needed to come back and seek the help of the serious contributors on this site.
I’m prepared to put my hand in my pocket and blow out any budget to get a life-changing pair.

At the moment, I’m on to my second pair of Denon AH-C710 (a comfort upgrade from my Denon C751 earphones) which provide excellent bass – I do treat earphones very carefully of course, but what I dislike about the C710 are:

1.       The weight of the cable extension
2.       The horribly thin cable which tangles

I will mostly use them with my mobile phones (Galaxy Nexus & Galaxy S3) but also with my iPod Touch or Cowan S9 which can turn out incredible sound.

Also, as I’ve never had a serious pair of earphones with talk/play controls, this would be useful to me but are there high quality earphones with this feature out there? This is a nice to have and in no way is the omission of controls a showstopper.

At present, I’ve read lots of talk about the Monster Gold/Copper range but I could really do with your guidance.

My musical tastes are mostly Hip-Hop, Reggae and bass related music however, I’m not a bass-heathen. I do need high quality across the whole spectrum as I listen to Jazz, Rock, radio and vocal-only podcasts.

Any advice offered is greatly appreciated. Apologies if this is the type of question that has been asked ad-nauseum, I’m new to this site and hope not to bore anyone.

My recent earphone history goes from Sony MDR EX500LP to Denon C751 and now Denon C710 (white pair and black)

Thanks

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 5
Look into the Etymotic product line.

I listen to everything and am quite pleased.

Others will be along shortly.

Enjoy your new phones, Jim

Jul 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 5
^ as above and also check out UE Triple.Fi 10.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jul 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 5
[size=10pt]Thanks for all the advice gentlemen, its a great start.[/size]
[size=10pt]At the moment, after doing some research, I'm circling the MTPGs and Tributes. [/size]
[size=10pt]I really like the engineering of the Etymotic product range but I'm not fully convinced it would be a big upgrade from my C710s.[/size]
[size=10pt]The MD Trumpets may not be fully functioning with Android and would have to be rules out on that count.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]I will look in the forum for sales and trades and if I can buy from a HeadFi-er.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back