What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 28, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #13,127 of 14,566
https://www.eurofound.europa.eu/obs...ustria-business-creation-and-entrepreneurship

from the article:
Analysis

The aforementioned case is not so much an example of an offensive strategy aimed at supporting and creating spin-offs; rather, it is more an example of how a virtue can be made out of a necessity. Confronted with a decision taken by top management at Philips to relocate part of its operations, the local actors made a combined and concerted effort to avoid the most negative effect of all, namely, unemployment. The success of these endeavours is particularly evident in the development of the spin-off company Stream Unlimited, whose achievements are reflected in its economic development and employment growth. The support provided to the other redundant workers in the form of the new placement programme and training have also been successful, resulting in the redeployment of 92 of the 100 workers made redundant.
Thanks for that.
With that additional information it is very likely this tray loader is used in the Schiit transport. Good research by @DennisLL and @Derrick Swart

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #13,129 of 14,566
I haven't seen any posts on the possible CD tray to be used in Transport. This CD tray loader looks like the one that's on the prototype shown on Facebook, at least to me. Made by StreamUnlimited "JPL-2800 Silver".

This page has pictures of the tray and a link to a PDF paper on its specs.
https://www.suos-hifi.com/

Players with the 2800:
https://www.paragonsns.com/products/dcs-rossini-player-dac
https://www.goldnote.it/product/cd-1000-mk2/
In the latest Schiit video (facebook) Dave says, very quietly, that it is made by StreamUnlimited. I had to play it back, with headphones, turned up (fulla 2), to catch it.

Oct 28, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #13,130 of 14,566
If you play the video backwards it's more apparent. It's right after the point where he states 'Paul is Dead'. 😏

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #13,132 of 14,566
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #13,133 of 14,566
If you play the video backwards it's more apparent. It's right after the point where he states 'Paul is Dead'. 😏
Found it. 11:00 in the video there it is.

Nov 2, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #13,135 of 14,566
I am getting itchy for the gadget.

probably leaning toward the HomePodpair for the kitchen, though I know there have been deals for $200 so I am too cheap to spend a dollar more than that

Nov 2, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #13,136 of 14,566
I have a Freya S and prefer the 4x.
Same here, it gives the richness i require though slightly less clean than passive mode but the trade-off hesitation only comes with well recorded acoustic music, which i don’t often listen but when, then there is the mode switch button!! Fantastic feature :beerchug:

Nov 3, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #13,137 of 14,566
Same here, it gives the richness i require though slightly less clean than passive mode but the trade-off hesitation only comes with well recorded acoustic music, which i don’t often
listen but when, then there is the mode switch button!! Fantastic feature :beerchug:
Now I have to disagree. The passive mode doesn't sound "cleaner" to me it sounds a bit dull not so much engaging. It has less punch, dynamics, timbre. YMMV
Now I have to agree. The switch is there to accommodate your preference.
Freya-S is a great pre-amp that has everything I need. Sad it is "obsolete". :gs1000smile:
It is now waiting for a matching size transport to keep it company. Maybe a Xmas present?

Nov 3, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #13,139 of 14,566
I am getting itchy for the gadget.

probably leaning toward the HomePodpair for the kitchen, though I know there have been deals for $200 so I am too cheap to spend a dollar more than that
The recent October 22nd FB video gave an update on the thingie... the pitch-control... the gadget. It’ll be awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back