What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Nov 4, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #13,141 of 14,566
Now I have to disagree. The passive mode doesn't sound "cleaner" to me it sounds a bit dull not so much engaging. It has less punch, dynamics, timbre. YMMV
Now I have to agree. The switch is there to accommodate your preference.
Freya-S is a great pre-amp that has everything I need. Sad it is "obsolete". :gs1000smile:
It is now waiting for a matching size transport to keep it company. Maybe a Xmas present?
don’t count on it, especially not from Zoetermeer. Perhaps directly from US if you’re prepared to pay more.

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #13,143 of 14,566
don’t count on it, especially not from Zoetermeer. Perhaps directly from US if you’re prepared to pay more.
Very small (extra) price to pay for Xmas joy.

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #13,144 of 14,566
????
full solid state? Freya S is only SS
O Why why why are you types not able to get figure of speech?
Isn't your life boring and your friends avoid you because you crimp all sauce out of a language?
Life is nice when you don't have to prowl like a tiger to catch others on language you don't understand in a literal sense.
Try it. Shake your self induced binds loose. You would be much hapier.

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #13,145 of 14,566
Isn't your life boring and your friends avoid you because you crimp all sauce out of a language?
Life is nice when you don't have to prowl like a tiger to catch others on language you don't understand in a literal sense.
I think because HighEnd (formerly HiFi) is already so confusing, full of misinformation, buzz words, hypes etc. etc. So we try not to add any extra confusion.
Nothing to do with binds, self induced or others, as far as I'm concerned. But I (and maybe others) love it when communication is clear.
For me it is hard enough already to understand written English to the full without the extra hurdles.

Nov 4, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #13,149 of 14,566
I think because HighEnd (formerly HiFi) is already so confusing, full of misinformation, buzz words, hypes etc. etc. So we try not to add any extra confusion.
Nothing to do with binds, self induced or others, as far as I'm concerned. But I (and maybe others) love it when communication is clear.
For me it is hard enough already to understand written English to the full without the extra hurdles.
That's not the general feeling I think but I get your drift.

Nov 4, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #13,150 of 14,566
123444967_10220405851750944_1318502956211594813_n.jpg

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #13,151 of 14,566
Fear not. I'm sure Schiit'll offer some shiny thingie to keep us cultists (of common sense and the persuit of audio nirvana [and some less nervosa]) ... pleased. :ksc75smile:

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #13,152 of 14,566
:deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back