What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jul 28, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #12,766 of 14,565
watched another video ... exile on main st last time they sung behind the mike .. **** i dont know ... i love that ****en album ... long live the stones 👍🎨🍷 ... and that things called a sol .. good name
Hello. I don't know if you realize that this forum has a profanity filter. As long as you don't mind me putting whatever word I like in place of your asterisks, I guess it's OK, but you might want to use words that won't get censored. :)

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #12,768 of 14,565
Siphon should come tomorrow.

Nel drip continues to be my favored brew method.

Descaling my Breville dual boiler tomorrow.

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #12,769 of 14,565
yeh f--- sorry was a little p___ed last night ... two bottles of calafornia red and watching schitt videos got me all worked up 🍷📺🍒 ... still though that sol is just something else , amazing ... there was something else i wanna to ask ... lord i cant remmeber now ... great videos schitt 🎰🍒🍑

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #12,770 of 14,565
Well, ***** for ****** a ***** **** to ***************!! :unamused:

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #12,772 of 14,565
Siphon should come tomorrow.

Nel drip continues to be my favored brew method.

Descaling my Breville dual boiler tomorrow.
how long have you owned the breville, and what model number? I read (perhaps falsely) that they have reliability problems (looking to soon replace my old Saeco that ran for years without probs, 2-3 shots daily)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #12,775 of 14,565
It's the BES920XL.

I've had generally great experiences with it, though eventually I want the rocket cinquantotto. It allows for direct plumbed connections. Breville has been described as a "wait for something to break" company.

And, six hours after writing this but before pushing post, Breville service has told me to send it in. For $399 plus tax, I will get the machine fully serviced and functional with a 1 year warranty added. We will see how it goes.

The siphon looks very exciting.

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #12,776 of 14,565
It's the BES920XL.

I've had generally great experiences with it, though eventually I want the rocket cinquantotto. It allows for direct plumbed connections. Breville has been described as a "wait for something to break" company.

And, six hours after writing this but before pushing post, Breville service has told me to send it in. For $399 plus tax, I will get the machine fully serviced and functional with a 1 year warranty added. We will see how it goes.

The siphon looks very exciting.

guessing the rocket cinquanotto is more expensive than a yggy?

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #12,778 of 14,565
I purchased a grinder one revision behind the Breville BCG820BKSXL several years ago which worked well for me. I didn't use it for fine grinds, just the medium/coarse for drip but it allowed me to have freshly ground coffee on the weekends. Anyway, it eventually started stalling and grinding things other than coffee so I contacted Breville to get it repaired. They sent me a new one for $99. It's still in the box since I'm using a Baratza Vario now which handles coarser and fine grinds with no problems at all.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #12,779 of 14,565
Re Remote Controls.

I have been very suprised at how much I use the remote on my Bifrost 2. I'm using all three inputs and one is hooked up to my TV. Hamilton on Disney + fed through Bifrost was very enjoyable. Plus the mute on the remote is very handy.

Interesting info that IR might be worse for audio then RF, I never would have guessed that. My ears can't hear a thing above 15k anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back