What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jul 23, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #12,736 of 14,566
It’s his only mature comedy yes. Das Liebesverbot is his other comedy but he wrote it when he was a mid twenty something.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #12,737 of 14,566
It’s his only mature comedy yes. Das Liebesverbot is his other comedy but he wrote it when he was a mid twenty something.

I have VK's and the Jochum. Never investigated any others.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #12,738 of 14,566
I never heard of that one. Probably for good reason. I was able to pick up the Karajan for a whole $6.42. I'm going to be listening to some Wagner tonight.:L3000:

Thanks.

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #12,739 of 14,566
Karajan also has the 1951 live Bayreuth which is imho much less interesting. The 1970 studio in Dresden Is flawless. Especially the end of act two from mit den schuhen to the end. No one but Karajan captures the unaffected venom in a tempo so perfectly suited to the satire’s object. If the tempo is too slow, that flower just can’t blossom.

this is an exception to the general rule about Wagner, which is that it doesn’t matter what tempo you conduct him at—you can’t ruin the master. He is bigger than your tempo and can survive any tempo choice you make. You very much can conduct this scene at the wrong tempo, and most frankly do.

Jul 25, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #12,741 of 14,566
Karajan also has the 1951 live Bayreuth which is imho much less interesting. The 1970 studio in Dresden Is flawless. Especially the end of act two from mit den schuhen to the end. No one but Karajan captures the unaffected venom in a tempo so perfectly suited to the satire’s object. If the tempo is too slow, that flower just can’t blossom.

this is an exception to the general rule about Wagner, which is that it doesn’t matter what tempo you conduct him at—you can’t ruin the master. He is bigger than your tempo and can survive any tempo choice you make. You very much can conduct this scene at the wrong tempo, and most frankly do.

... you seem to know and have and good taste in music .. and even that thowing up picture is starting to grow on me : ) ... can i ask what you listen to your music on

Jul 26, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #12,742 of 14,566
I remember a few years or so @Baldr mentioned a possibility of a front panel upgrade for Yggdrasil that would enable remote control, did this idea die or is it just low priority compared to other products?

Jul 26, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #12,743 of 14,566
I remember a few years or so @Baldr mentioned a possibility of a front panel upgrade for Yggdrasil that would enable remote control, did this idea die or is it just low priority compared to other products?

Jason also mentioned this a few months back, not dead but low priority compared to other products. I would suspect maybe after the Transport is released, as this project would be about 1/3 jason for the pcb layout and mechanical / fabricated metal parts stuff, and 2/3 Dave K for software/firmware.

@Jason Stoddard on the new IR remote capable Yggy front panel, is it feasible to add internal micro s/d slot to facilitate future software upgrades (bug fixes, performance improvements, support for side-grade analog cards) ?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #12,745 of 14,566
What’s the eta on transport?

siphon brew will arrive on Wednesday.
I'm holding off buying any more aural-toys until the end of September-October/2020. I can get 1 more shiny thing for my 1/2 century-birthday year.

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #12,746 of 14,566
What would you use it for? To change inputs? Yggdrasil is not a preamp...

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #12,748 of 14,566
What would you use it for? To change inputs? Yggdrasil is not a preamp...
Some people have more than one device connected to their dacs

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #12,749 of 14,566
Some people have more than one device connected to their dacs
How cumbersome. You'll need to use different output types for each device. I would never do that. One source to one DAC and use a analog preamp. Or with the DAC set to one input type, if you need multiple sources of the same input type use a digital switcher. To each his own I suppose, but please do not clutter up the beauty of Yggdrasil with a noisy RF remote control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back