What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 30, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #11,778 of 14,566
So I don't recall what the final answer to this was, but is Schiit developing a CD transport? Very curious as it's something I'd definitely consider.

Never-mind, search is my friend.
We have a requirement for a not quite that fast processor for our upcoming transport. The fact that the processor will have some bonus apps and features will require that speed. At that time we will be much closer to the processor requirements for the gadget/signal processor functions.

Now if they'd release the Jot unison dac, that would be great.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #11,781 of 14,566
red wine and weet ... dangerous combination
What is "weet"? (weed? wheat?) :confused:

I just thought quoting the same @Baldr post six times in just three posts was a little more than necessary.
Hey, but that's just me :head_bandage:

I think maybe he doesn't realise he can go back and edit

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #11,782 of 14,566
Certainly one of the greats of my life, the opera world is a richer, more beautiful place for Jessye's music. Perhaps my favorite recording of the Liebestod, is hers. Gawd but the words lived in her voice! RIP.

I love how slow and ... seductive (?) it is; one understands how she simply gives into death. Plus it's a nice departure from the current trend of racing through the music in an attempt to make it "exciting."

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #11,784 of 14,566
What is "weet"? (weed? wheat?) :confused:

I just thought quoting the same @Baldr post six times in just three posts was a little more than necessary.
Hey, but that's just me :head_bandage:

I think maybe he doesn't realise he can go back and edit
weet = dutch grass:ksc75smile:; sorry guys mixing up 'wiet' and weed.:deadhorse:

Oct 1, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #11,785 of 14,566
Certainly one of the greats of my life, the opera world is a richer, more beautiful place for Jessye's music. Perhaps my favorite recording of the Liebestod, is hers. Gawd but the words lived in her voice! RIP.

I love how slow and ... seductive (?) it is; one understands how she simply gives into death. Plus it's a nice departure from the current trend of racing through the music in an attempt to make it "exciting."

WoW! Shows how bad my office plantronics are. Wonder how it is at home..what a dynamics. Usually not listening to this genre but this is to explore further, thanks!

Oct 1, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #11,786 of 14,566
Oct 1, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #11,788 of 14,566
Can you spot the face in the beans (wish it was me):

face-in-beans.jpg

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #11,789 of 14,566
I'm trying to think of the other long liebestods, and the only others are the Behrens/Bernstein and the Gray/Goodall — I think this one takes the cake

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #11,790 of 14,566
well my jura 1 fixed and will receive it back in a couple of days. in the meantime got on promo brazil santos,sumantran mandheling, and ethiopian yirgacheffe to sample

Users who are viewing this thread

Back