1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785
787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796
Next

Last
  1. evacant
    hi mr moffit .. its been a good few years since iv been following head phones , cause well if you got a samsung s6 and a pair of sennhairser 598s wat more do your really need ... anyway its a really bummer about robert hunter , but thank god we have his songs ... you were talking about this gadget 3 years ago man , wat have you been doing all this time : ) .. tell me its gonna be cheap and the best sound iv ever heard : ) ... wat want to ask is can you give any advice on longevity and in case iv missed it through out your posts have you ever mentinoed or thought of metioning your favourit 100 albums , thats something id really appreciate knowing .. and i hope you get better soon , a bit of red wine and weed is always good for the body : )

2. jimmers
    You do realise you can go back and edit your own posts, don't you? :confused:

Prit?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  3. bosiemoncrieff
    RIP Jessye

4. DoubleIPA
    So I don't recall what the final answer to this was, but is Schiit developing a CD transport? Very curious as it's something I'd definitely consider.

Never-mind, search is my friend.
    Now if they'd release the Jot unison dac, that would be great.

5. Derrick Swart
    red wine and weed ... dangerous combination

6. Zojokkeli
    And grammar is good for the soul.

MatthiasP, S-S-MR, sam6550a and 2 others like this.
  7. jimmers
    What is "weet"? (weed? wheat?) :confused:

I just thought quoting the same @Baldr post six times in just three posts was a little more than necessary.
    Hey, but that's just me :head_bandage:

I think maybe he doesn't realise he can go back and edit

unsane69 and DoubleIPA like this.
  8. Operaphile-
    Certainly one of the greats of my life, the opera world is a richer, more beautiful place for Jessye's music. Perhaps my favorite recording of the Liebestod, is hers. Gawd but the words lived in her voice! RIP.

I love how slow and ... seductive (?) it is; one understands how she simply gives into death. Plus it's a nice departure from the current trend of racing through the music in an attempt to make it "exciting."

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  9. rkw
    DoubleIPA likes this.
  10. Derrick Swart
    weet = dutch grass:ksc75smile:; sorry guys mixing up 'wiet' and weed.:deadhorse:

grokit and US Blues like this.
  11. Derrick Swart
    WoW! Shows how bad my office plantronics are. Wonder how it is at home..what a dynamics. Usually not listening to this genre but this is to explore further, thanks!

12. SpeakerBox
    Next time don't smoke weet when posting :sweat_smile:

US Blues and Derrick Swart like this.
  13. RickB
    You shouldn't smoke weet if you're gluten intolerant.

grokit and US Blues like this.
  14. SpeakerBox
    Can you spot the face in the beans (wish it was me):

face-in-beans.jpg

RCBinTN likes this.
  15. bosiemoncrieff
    I'm trying to think of the other long liebestods, and the only others are the Behrens/Bernstein and the Gray/Goodall — I think this one takes the cake

First

Back
776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785
787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796
Next

Last