What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #6,561 of 14,566
Day 3 of owning a Yggy. All I can say is "what a great sounding DAC!" It is an addictive listen.

I have been a happy Gumby owner for a while, so I had a hard time deciding to upgrade to the Yggy. The analog 2 threw me over the edge, I am glad it did.
Dude, what are you trying to do to my wallet here?

I own a Gumby right now and desperately trying to pretend it is probably almost as good as Yggy, including the A2 version...this is not helping!! :deadhorse:

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #6,563 of 14,566
Day 3 of owning a Yggy. All I can say is "what a great sounding DAC!" It is an addictive listen.
I have been a happy Gumby owner for a while, so I had a hard time deciding to upgrade to the Yggy. The analog 2 threw me over the edge, I am glad it did.
This could be my exact words. Enjoyed the Gumby, but Yggy ...... I've gone to Schiit heaven.

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #6,565 of 14,566
The Yggy is too big. You need acres of space for it.

(Just trying to help. No way I can fit an Yggy in the designated space.)

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #6,568 of 14,566
Opera, did you say OPERA...?
GqONkOP.gif

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #6,569 of 14,566
This could be my exact words. Enjoyed the Gumby, but Yggy ...... I've gone to Schiit heaven.
I'm a happy Gumby owner and recently had the opportunity to AB my unit on my brother-in-law's system: Yggy (analog v1)->vintage Marantz pre->McIntosh MC452->JBL 4435's. While the Yggy was better than my Gumby, the differences were subtle. Not worth the extra $1200. My conclusion then was that I would stick with the Gumby.
HOWEVER, he is upgrading to analog v2 right now. We're going to do this whole AB all over again as soon as he gets his Yggy back from Schiit. I'm crossing my fingers that I can't tell the difference! BTW- to our ears, the biggest jump in sound quality was listening to vinyl on his vintage Thorens TT. On many selections the differences were night and day, this was especially true on classic jazz albums.

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #6,570 of 14,566

Users who are viewing this thread

Back