1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439
441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450
Next

Last
  1. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    This is where Swarovski and Vienna come full circle.
    I have the crystal wet toilet paper dispenser in my Schiitr.

RCBinTN, FLTWS and US Blues like this.
  2. artur9
    That was my original plan, although I like the Beethoven Baby Grands a bit better on paper. But then they were seen by SWMBO and "too big." So...

Next house I buy will have both an A/V room and a music room :wink:. Or so I tell myself.

3. bosiemoncrieff
    Just discovered a fantastic new countertenor, Vince Yi, who has a more beautiful tone, though rather less acting ability than Justin Kim. A Tebaldi to Justin's Callas, you might say.

Just procured some Wagner-themed artwork. Any guesses as to what moment in his corpus this painting refers to?

53888503814__36CF7F96-FCAD-4CE6-8A04-D0AE32821CF5.jpg

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  4. jacal01
    I think combining with a CD transport/player source would seem appropriate. You can even package it as an optional module, with ample space for growth capacity. :wink: In any case, it would offer unique capability in the PCM only CD player market. The DAC can be modular, too.

And it will be a way of finally implementing your BWD signal connectivity. Including Gen 5 USB and SP/DIF inputs, it'd be a versatile empowering front-end equipment.

'Course the essential product quality would still be the robust and errorless disk transport and laser tracking mechanism.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Jones Bob likes this.
  5. wink
    Just has to be armaggedon......... :triportsad:

6. bosiemoncrieff
    Standalone.

sublime9 and Alcophone like this.
  7. wink
    Ride of the Valkyrie....

8. FLTWS
    The Ride.

9. FLTWS
    These Schiit threads always carry a lot of "I'd like to have a Schiit made __________, I'd buy one in a heart beat".
    Got me to thinking about what I'd really like to have, and yes, a simple, well made, quiet CD transport (with or without a DAC) is top of my list.
    But, given what the "Gadget" is going to do in the digital domain, is there a way to do a good sound field adjusting "Gizmo" in the digital domain that can introduce
    correct L + R (delayed) and R + L (delayed) signals to bring the sound field down and in front of the listener instead up and over or through the head with headphones?

10. bosiemoncrieff
    Guess again.

11. FLTWS
    Brunhilde into the funeral pyre of Siegfried.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  12. bosiemoncrieff
    Siegfried! Selig grüsst dich dein Weib! Yes!

13. jacal01
    Elon Musk is launching his old Tesla Roadster with his. :ksc75smile:

US Blues likes this.
  14. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Better stick to English.

US Blues likes this.
  15. Alcophone
    Not quite, but a Lego Falcon Heavy would be an instant buy :)

First

Back
430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439
441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450
Next

Last