What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Dec 12, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #1,443 of 14,566
  Really amazed that this has been posted yet:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/arts/music/dave-brubeck-jazz-musician-dies-at-91.html

I would be even more amazed if you actually only found out about his demise after more than four years.

Is this thread turning into a list of great musician obituaries? I was hoping for some more stories about Sir Mike's heroic quest towards making digital sound well, all while avoiding "heaps of happy bunny schiit in the living room".

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #1,444 of 14,566
  Really amazed that this has been posted yet:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/arts/music/dave-brubeck-jazz-musician-dies-at-91.html

What??? 

blink.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #1,445 of 14,566
Sorry everyone, this came across my newsfeed as though it were breaking news, must be an example of "fake news" going around. Should have expected something like this, a buddy was talking to me on Facebook last week and told me that news that Michael Douglas had died had just come across his screen and two minutes later told me it was fake. I'll have to start rechecking anything I post. My apologies to all.

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #1,446 of 14,566
Over in Jason's thread, someone suggested setting the Valium to max.  I think that autocorrect might be onto something.

I don't know about all of that.

I do remember vacationing for a week at the beach in this condo with a tile floor living room and cheap Pinnacle bookshelf speakers quite near the ceiling for the TV (hey, it was better than the TV speakers). Anyway, when we got back home and I turned on my TV, Onkyo receiver, and KEF speakers, my ears just so joyous and relaxed. I was standing when I turned it all on and I almost had to sit down.

Can high-end audio release dopamine? I wonder.

Dec 12, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #1,447 of 14,566
I don't know about all of that.

I do remember vacationing for a week at the beach in this condo with a tile floor living room and cheap Pinnacle bookshelf speakers quite near the ceiling for the TV (hey, it was better than the TV speakers). Anyway, when we got back home and I turned on my TV, Onkyo receiver, and KEF speakers, my ears just so joyous and relaxed. I was standing when I turned it all on and I almost had to sit down.

Can high-end audio release dopamine? I wonder.

I have been tempted to get myself a pair of KEF speakers, so I can entertain friends. I feel good audio can help the body produce dopamine. I have used audio to treat my bad back. I do not take any pain medicine, just use the music to relax and stop by back from spasming out.
P.s. After doing some research I will be getting a pair of Fritz Speakers, that will compliment my audio rooms dimensions better. Plus Fritz is one really cool dude.

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,448 of 14,566
  I would be even more amazed if you actually only found out about his demise after more than four years.

Is this thread turning into a list of great musician obituaries? I was hoping for some more stories about Sir Mike's heroic quest towards making digital sound well, all while avoiding "heaps of happy bunny schiit in the living room".

We must remember that without musicians, we have no hobby to pursue.  It has also been a rough year for musicians' passings.  The thread also has touched upon emotional responses to music.  Let me express temporary regrets for a paucity of info on digital development - it is just that I have two projects which are in the process of crowning as we speak.  The Manhattan churns, and two others are 5 months and ten days or so along.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 12, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,449 of 14,566
Very true. We can only be thankful for these musician's legacies of great recordings. I regret not having seen some of my personal heroes perform when I could have, but at least close to faithful reproduction is there to remind me of how temporal greatness can be eternal.

And further, Sir Mike, as this is your thread, you set the rules and the rhythm for releasing more chapters of your digital memoirs. I can wait a very long time if it is for such a good cause. Looking forward to find out what Project Manhattan and the [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] are all about.

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #1,450 of 14,566

We must remember that without musicians, we have no hobby to pursue.  It has also been a rough year for musicians' passings.  The thread also has touched upon emotional responses to music.  Let me express temporary regrets for a paucity of info on digital development - it is just that I have two projects which are in the process of crowning as we speak.  The Manhattan churns, and two others are 5 months and ten days or so along.

Reading about the quest of good Sir Mike reminded me of a particular ditty about another set of heroic Knights.

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/kWh9JbBZC_Q[/VIDEO]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,452 of 14,566
  Very true. We can only be thankful for these musician's legacies of great recordings. I regret not having seen some of my personal heroes perform when I could have, but at least close to faithful reproduction is there to remind me of how temporal greatness can be eternal.

And further, Sir Mike, as this is your thread, you set the rules and the rhythm for releasing more chapters of your digital memoirs. I can wait a very long time if it is for such a good cause. Looking forward to find out what Project Manhattan and the [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] are all about.

I want a [REDACTED] for the silly season............     
L3000.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,453 of 14,566
I have been tempted to get myself a pair of KEF speakers, so I can entertain friends. I feel good audio can help the body produce dopamine. I have used audio to treat my bad back. I do not take any pain medicine, just use the music to relax and stop by back from spasming out.

I like my KEF C75's. Although the old KEF's had the tendency to have burnt out tweeters, and these I picked up used had one burnt out tweeter. I did get two replacements from KEF, although they were not direct replacements. I also recapped the crossover with MKP's. They have a rounded sound, not sharp, sound to them, but great depth and soundstage. They sound great with a sub.

Let me express temporary regrets for a paucity of info on digital development - it is just that I have two projects which are in the process of crowning as we speak.  The Manhattan churns, and two others are 5 months and ten days or so along.

All things come in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back