1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796
798 799 800 801 802 803
Next

Last
  1. nerone
    Second that.
    I've never heard any other schiit DACs, but the Bifrost is a winner!!

ScubaMan2017 and RickB like this.
  2. bosiemoncrieff
    AirPods Pro are better than expected. Apple has really done some great R&D into noise cancellation - it's excellent. The sound quality itself is what you would expect. The detail retrieval is no more than okay. There's a degree of smear. The D/A conversion depends a lot on how good the recording engineer is. The 1966 Tristan was shrill, but a lot of other stuff is fine. They are more spacious than I expected. The venting of the original and Pro versions both are better than expected on that score. They are not particularly transparent. The sound of the Brendel/Abbado Brahms 1 sounds veiled. Solo piano is an astringent failure.

Obviously, the portability factor is amazing. They're the most portable headphones I own, along with the original AirPods. The downside to battery powered headphones though is that they are disposable, and gradually become less able to hold a charge as you use them. I could see myself taking these for weekend trips to LA and foregoing KSE1500.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    RickB likes this.
  3. RickB
    It's a hardware subscription service where you make a payment every 2 or 3 years, unfortunately.

For all Apple talks about being environmentally conscious, it's all marketing drivel, to be blunt.

4. bosiemoncrieff
    Very true. However, in the context of what we consume and throw away - all the plastic packaging, the single use water bottles and milk jugs and soda bottles and yoghurt containers and plastic wrap and to-go Tupperware - I have to say that AirPods are less of a dumpster fire they could be, in terms of enjoyment gained per unit of plastic thrown out.

RickB likes this.
  5. SpeakerBox
    Ethiopian! :wink::thumbsup:

US Blues and KoshNaranek like this.
  6. bosiemoncrieff
    Got another kilo of the sweet shop, as well as 350g of the decaf.

I may need to start getting smaller bags, the kilo gets a little stale by the end

7. Whazzzup
    Getting another 5 lbs of kona extra fancy, quality coffee at a great price, hope this co in Calgary keeps up the promo.

8. JohnnyCanuck
    Link?

9. Whazzzup
    Rococo fine foods, the kona is on sale but they do 30% off for short periods so I double combine for a 100$ order

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    JohnnyCanuck likes this.
  10. bosiemoncrieff
    enjoying an Ethiopian pour over on this Election Day in San Francisco!

11. SpeakerBox
    Just finished my Ethiopian. A sad thing when it is gone.

12. US Blues
  13. FLTWS
    Note the stack of Schiit gear on the top shelf of the case to the left of all the coffee brewing stuff.

14. SpeakerBox
  15. bosiemoncrieff
    Honestly I think Rag/Yggy would simplify my life, and let me put the Panache into storage.

thebmc and US Blues like this.
First

Back
787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796
798 799 800 801 802 803
Next

Last