1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797
799 800 801 802 803
Next

Last
  1. SpeakerBox
    Serving up some awesome Ethiopian:

IMG_20191107_081955489.jpg

thebmc, KoshNaranek and RickB like this.
  2. RickB
    Wow, that thing makes my AeroPress look tame.

3. SpeakerBox
    It makes one heck of a smooth cup a joe!

RickB likes this.
  4. Ableza
    You just need to drink more.

5. liamo
  6. tin-ear
    I confess. Schiit has changed my life. Because of Schiit I joined Head-Fi I think in spring of 2018. I decided to read Mike's and Jason's forums, the whole 800 pages or whatever it is. That Inspired me to buy a Schiit Magni, a pair of Hifiman headphones from Massdrop, and some Sennheisers HD598SR.

But what really changed my life: reading all the coffee posts on this and Jason's forum.
    I mean, I became an audiophile in the early 1980's when it was still kinda cool and people didn't sneer at you and kick your dog over it or sic their dog on you or your dog over it.
    Now I've become a coffee-phile. (What is the proper term for that?)
    I can now taste how mediocre such and such a brand is and how good some other coffee is. It turns out LAMill has a location about 5-7 miles from me!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  7. SpeakerBox
    Welcome aboard. Now, like us, you have two expensive (yet very enjoyable) habits to feed! :L3000:

Rensek, tin-ear and KoshNaranek like this.
  8. GearMe
    Looks like something we used in Organic Chemistry lab!

9. SpeakerBox
    Well, I was making organic coffee.

GearMe and US Blues like this.
  10. US Blues
    That's a great retort. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

jimmers, GearMe and SpeakerBox like this.
  11. GearMe
    Figured...just stay clear of the Benzene! :dizzy_face:

12. bosiemoncrieff
    @tin-ear id encourage you to venture into DTLA for great coffee. Of course there’s a blue bottle, which I regard with increasing dismay as a good company that sold out and is careening toward mediocrity.

But Verve now has two locations - the cafe on 833 S Spring St and the new, stunning roastery at 500 Mateo St. The pour overs are typically my favorite.

tin-ear likes this.
  13. SpeakerBox
    image002.jpg

sam6550a, JohnnyCanuck and GearMe like this.
  14. RickB
    The original IOT!

Zojokkeli, GearMe and SpeakerBox like this.
  15. SpeakerBox
    I have been going through some vinyl that I have inherited over time and selling off the ones I don't like. I always play test before I sell to make sure I am selling a good product. When I got to the one below I was absolutely gobsmacked by the sound quality. Off the charts good! Huge sound stage with incredible depth. Have any of you heard this (orchestral/symphonic)? Needless to say, won't be selling it!

IMG_20191112_103453266.jpg

First

Back
788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797
799 800 801 802 803
Next

Last