1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791
793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802
Next

Last
  1. JamminVMI
    Hmmmm. “Narrow bits” - those must be the ones, no, the THINGS that fall between the ones and zeroes. Halfsies?

2. SpeakerBox
    Made of gold, silver, and platinum alloy I bet! :L3000:

3. ScubaMan2017
    Ah, good call @jimmers . That's the thing I'm still learning about this silly hobby: anybody can post anything. I like the look of the 6000CDT. The pricetag is a bit steep for me. I also like its user-replaceable laser cartridge.
    I have some old CD and DVD spinners from old PCs. I wonder if the mechanisms still work.... Hmm.

4. porchwizard
    Platform 9 3/4

audio philestine and Smithington like this.
  5. DACattack
    Catching up on the thread this morning and this quote made me laugh out loud and, sadly, splutter some lovely Peace Coffee Sumatra all over my laptop keyboard ... That said, I have read (from others) that that transport is well regarded. Much as I would like to replace my aging player, I'll hold out and wait for Mike's offering ...

ScubaMan2017 and jimmers like this.
  6. earnmyturns
    Almost feels like as if someone fed him that as a prank to see if he'd regurgitate it :ksc75smile:

7. Ableza
    That's because cables are tubes, and larger chunks of data have more friction along the tube walls, causing the tubes to heat up and the smaller chunks to bunch up and create congestion ("noise.") It's like physics only different.

:ksc75smile:

8. 45longcolt
    That sounds a lot like what's happening in my arteries...with cholesterol instead of data...

Juan_R, RCBinTN and Ableza like this.
  9. jimmers
    You obviously need some High Fidelity Cables with "Magnetic Conduction" technology
    https://www.highfidelitycables.com/
    :rolling_eyes: :smile::sweat_smile::laughing::joy:

10. Gazny
    This is why I use Shiit Pyst cables, they have SuperUltraHyperTechnology with Unobtanium™.

11. US Blues
    But is it the new, Free Range Unobtanium? :smile_cat:

12. Derrick Swart
    https://theaudiophileman.com/gungnir-ho-schiit-gungnir-dac/

13. bosiemoncrieff
    Playing with dose and grind is blowing my mind. 19.5g at 1.5 was getting astringent so I tightened it up to 1.0 and reduced to 18.5 and wow was the result tasty. Reduced to 17.5 though and the sweetness was gone. This is a hell of an art.

14. porchwizard
    Everybody knows that unobtainum is unobtanium

QueYo likes this.
  15. US Blues
    That kind of play blew my mind back in college. :scream_cat:

audio philestine and sam6550a like this.
First

Back
782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791
793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802
Next

Last