1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790
792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801
Next

Last
  1. SpeakerBox
    If it is Sidamo there should be a distinct fruit like overtone to it. I could drink that stuff all day if it would not keep me up all night.

KoshNaranek likes this.
  2. hearditontheX
    African coffees are some of the best in the world. What was your perception of Ethiopian coffee before you tried it?

KoshNaranek likes this.
  3. Whazzzup
    i had not formed one, clean fruity taste nice. although I'm a fan of velvet butter

4. bosiemoncrieff
    I find African coffees are brighter and fruitier, and Latin American ones are more staid, but obviously the individual microclimates and production methods matter more than any broad generalization.

thebmc likes this.
  5. BagelJoe
    More coffee....more Schiit :)!!

Derrick Swart likes this.
  6. ScubaMan2017
    ...so, I'm getting somewhat impatient with the CD Transport wait. I gotta believe SOMETHING will be released before the Christmas 2019 shopping season (November, no?). I've been ogling other models. Cambridge Audio, anyone?
    Steve G. posted an odd episode of the Audiophiliac... about tweaking and modding transports. I might hit up an electronics swap or flea market and seek one out...

7. ScubaMan2017
    Nah. For me... Peru for the win (it's finicky to roast with a frying pan; however, the cocca flavours are evident and turns my crank :ksc75smile:).

8. jimmers
    An interesting 5 minute video, pity it took 30 minutes :confounded:

9. Paladin79
    I have not checked out the video but I love the comment, well said Jimmers, as always.

ScubaMan2017 and sam6550a like this.
  10. SpeakerBox
    I've had some pretty good Kenya AA in the past too.

grokit likes this.
  11. Ripper2860
    For those short on time: 3 pieces of strategically placed Dynamat and a heavy book on top of the transport. Other tweaks are theoretical and could make a difference but they haven't actually tried it yet. You're welcome. :D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    grokit, ScubaMan2017, A Jedi and 2 others like this.
  12. ScubaMan2017
    Yeah... I noticed that. I'll modify a high voltage device AFTER I've learned some more electronics (post career).

13. Derrick Swart
    audiolab 6000cdt
    https://theaudiophileman.com/6000cdt-cd-transport-from-audiolab/

14. bosiemoncrieff
    My luxurious grinder hopper with handle is in LA waiting to clear customs

On pins and needles

15. jimmers
    Paul Rigby?
    That's the guy who wrote in a USB cable review:
    "... Normally, when you push music through a USB cable, the data, which arrives in blocks, includes narrow bits which represent the high frequency portions of the final music. Within current USB cables, these bits are largely lost because the cable isn’t fast enough to cope, the sampling continues but the narrow bits are largely ignored because they are seen as errors. ..."
    :astonished:
    https://archive.telluriumq.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/black_usb_hifi-world.pdf

I think maybe he should leave technical descriptions alone.
    It doesn't mean you can't believe that for the 6000CDT:- "The leap in quality was quite shocking"

I'll be interested to find out about the Schiit CD transport :thinking:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    sam6550a likes this.
First

Back
781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790
792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801
Next

Last