What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #11,851 of 14,566
actually surprised i like the ethiopian coffee. clean taste.
African coffees are some of the best in the world. What was your perception of Ethiopian coffee before you tried it?

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #11,852 of 14,566
African coffees are some of the best in the world. What was your perception of Ethiopian coffee before you tried it?
i had not formed one, clean fruity taste nice. although I'm a fan of velvet butter

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #11,853 of 14,566
I find African coffees are brighter and fruitier, and Latin American ones are more staid, but obviously the individual microclimates and production methods matter more than any broad generalization.

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #11,855 of 14,566
...so, I'm getting somewhat impatient with the CD Transport wait. I gotta believe SOMETHING will be released before the Christmas 2019 shopping season (November, no?). I've been ogling other models. Cambridge Audio, anyone?
Steve G. posted an odd episode of the Audiophiliac... about tweaking and modding transports. I might hit up an electronics swap or flea market and seek one out...

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #11,856 of 14,566
actually surprised i like the ethiopian coffee. clean taste.
Nah. For me... Peru for the win (it's finicky to roast with a frying pan; however, the cocca flavours are evident and turns my crank :ksc75smile:).

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #11,857 of 14,566
...so, I'm getting somewhat impatient with the CD Transport wait. I gotta believe SOMETHING will be released before the Christmas 2019 shopping season (November, no?). I've been ogling other models. Cambridge Audio, anyone?
Steve G. posted an odd episode of the Audiophiliac... about tweaking and modding transports. I might hit up an electronics swap or flea market and seek one out...

An interesting 5 minute video, pity it took 30 minutes :confounded:

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #11,858 of 14,566

I have not checked out the video but I love the comment, well said Jimmers, as always.

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #11,859 of 14,566

I've had some pretty good Kenya AA in the past too.

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #11,860 of 14,566
For those short on time: 3 pieces of strategically placed Dynamat and a heavy book on top of the transport. Other tweaks are theoretical and could make a difference but they haven't actually tried it yet. You're welcome. :D

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #11,861 of 14,566
Yeah... I noticed that. I'll modify a high voltage device AFTER I've learned some more electronics (post career).

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #11,862 of 14,566

audiolab 6000cdt
https://theaudiophileman.com/6000cdt-cd-transport-from-audiolab/

Oct 20, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #11,864 of 14,566

Paul Rigby?
That's the guy who wrote in a USB cable review:
"... Normally, when you push music through a USB cable, the data, which arrives in blocks, includes narrow bits which represent the high frequency portions of the final music. Within current USB cables, these bits are largely lost because the cable isn’t fast enough to cope, the sampling continues but the narrow bits are largely ignored because they are seen as errors. ..."
:astonished:
https://archive.telluriumq.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/black_usb_hifi-world.pdf

I think maybe he should leave technical descriptions alone.
It doesn't mean you can't believe that for the 6000CDT:- "The leap in quality was quite shocking"

I'll be interested to find out about the Schiit CD transport :thinking:

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #11,865 of 14,566
Paul Rigby?
That's the guy who wrote in a USB cable review:
"... Normally, when you push music through a USB cable, the data, which arrives in blocks, includes narrow bits which represent the high frequency portions of the final music. Within current USB cables, these bits are largely lost because the cable isn’t fast enough to cope, the sampling continues but the narrow bits are largely ignored because they are seen as errors. ..."
:astonished:
https://archive.telluriumq.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/black_usb_hifi-world.pdf

I think maybe he should leave technical descriptions alone.
It doesn't mean you can't believe that for the 6000CDT:- "The leap in quality was quite shocking"

I'll be interested to find out about the Schiit CD transport :thinking:
Hmmmm. “Narrow bits” - those must be the ones, no, the THINGS that fall between the ones and zeroes. Halfsies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back