What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Feb 13, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #6,976 of 14,566
Spent 4 years celebrating Fat Tuesday in New Orleans. Great times were had. Back then it was throw me something mista( as in beads or doubloons). Now i’ve graduated to wanting someone to throw me a gadget!

Always felt call liquor was for martinis and well for mixed cocktails. Preferred being Russian Standard vodka.

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #6,977 of 14,566
Spent 4 years celebrating Fat Tuesday in New Orleans. Great times were had. Back then it was throw me something mista( as in beads or doubloons). Now i’ve graduated to wanting someone to throw me a gadget!

Always felt call liquor was for martinis and well for mixed cocktails. Preferred being Russian Standard vodka.
OK, cool. We are now the Opera and alcohol thread with a dash of GAMMA and audio.

You nailed it with Russian Standard. Less than $20/litre and blows all premium vodkas out of the water. Tito's isn't bad, an up and comer.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #6,978 of 14,566
Alcohol and music go so well together. I'll take Tito's over Russian Standard. RS has that typical Russian (Stoly) after taste burn. Try Russian Platinum which eliminates that. Dollar for dollar I think Tito's is the winner, but the best for me are Van Gogh and Ketel One.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #6,979 of 14,566
I guess the difference between the scotch mod and the Kirkland Signature Gin mod is that the gin is called upon to relax nervosa about itself and not the parallel aesthetic experience of music. Don't bartenders oftentimes start their clients on the top shelf stuff for the first drink or two before switching down as the evening goes on? Should I start off with Hendricks and then switch to Kirkland Signature for the rest of the night?

Should I just put the K Signature gin into the empty Hendricks bottle that I just finished, so I have two identical Hendrickses?

(snip)

Just skull about 4 fingers of your favourite gin, then go straight to the methylated spirits............ You'll never know the substitution. well, at least not until you've slept it off........:triportsad::ksc75smile::triportsad::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::L3000:

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #6,982 of 14,566
Alcohol and music go so well together. I'll take Tito's over Russian Standard. RS has that typical Russian (Stoly) after taste burn. Try Russian Platinum which eliminates that. Dollar for dollar I think Tito's is the winner, but the best for me are Van Gogh and Kettle One.
Try Svedka---it is very close to Ketel One at a lower price.

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #6,985 of 14,566
Seriously though
I must be spoiled because I can get some really good local gin where Im at so I generally avoid stuff like Bombay sapphire or Tanqueray. I have not dabbled into any of the Kirkland stuff as of yet.

I’m in your boat re having a good, local gin, though I usually have a few choices on hand, including some of the usual big names.

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #6,986 of 14,566
I probably shouldn't post this but here is an exclusive look at a critical drawing for the Gadget.
untitled.png

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #6,988 of 14,566
I really like the reviews of gin much better than opera. It's nice to be in the company of people with good taste in spirits. We'll know we are in trouble when we like them all, all the time.

I like Gin martinis up when out to dinner, 2 are my limit, a 3rd martini is like ordering a bowl of "loud mouth soup"!
But variety is the spice of life, in opera as well as alcohol.
At home I prefer Vodka's, Bourbon's, or my 21 year single malt Bushmills on the rocks, or sans rocks, in a crystal, low ball, glass.
And, pass the Beluga. Please!

Feb 14, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #6,989 of 14,566
A quality single malt should never touch an ice cube! Some water is just fine but no ice!!!!

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #6,990 of 14,566

Users who are viewing this thread

Back