1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467
469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478
Next

Last
  1. jimmers
    jenever, juniper, that's a Donovan song innit?

sam6550a likes this.
  2. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I would too if I had space enough.
    Since I drink Single Malts and Grappa it was smarter to combine the two.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    hearditontheX likes this.
  3. Ableza
    I've never tried gin but I will now. I like to flavor meat with dry vermouth.

sublime9 likes this.
  4. bosiemoncrieff
    I think KSE1500 is my next splurge. It gets remarkably close to a well driven hd800, and the internal dac is not half bad. Interesting how shure is more competent than Sennheiser in that respect.

How’s fulla multibit going?

barondla and Alcophone like this.
  5. inmytaxi
    I don't care about remotes one way or another, but they are not expensive. I have one for my $25 usb tv tuner that is similar to the one that comes with the Freya.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. Alcophone
    I'd take one.

7. garbulky
    Amir has posted his review of the Yggy both versions. It measured better than the bifrost but he was still dissapointed with most of the measurements. His main complaint was power supply noise, frequency response mismatches, and 16 bits of resolution. He also posted his test setup.

Alcophone likes this.
  8. Jones Bob
    Link?

9. MWSVette
    Well gotta say, that review is a bunch of crap....

bosiemoncrieff likes this.
  10. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    It is.
    Mike has explained very publicly and very often this DAC cannot be measured like any other because (insert reason I don't remember) it's build f**cks up all results.

liamo and MWSVette like this.
  11. garbulky
    He said one set of measurements was taken after about an hour and the other was more but nowhere close to 72 hours.

12. FrivolsListener
    It'll get removed. For some reason they don't allow links to other sites here.

13. bboris77
    I have been following this person's attempts to discredit various Schiit products. He definitely has an agenda, simply based on the tone on his postings. I am not going to call them reviews because that is not what they are. He is what we call a schiit-disturber. I have a feeling that his whole schtick is meant to counter-balance the rising popularity of Schiit and directly subvert Mike's and Jason's efforts to build and keep their consumer base by engaging the community here and on other forums.

Ultimately, it is pretty bad that he actually does not mention how any of these products sound considering the subject matter. I know that reviewing sound is subjective but most people would be able to hear obvious sonic deficiencies, like background hiss, low-noise buzz, radio frequency interference, distortion, pops, clicks etc. I like Schiit products, but I am not a fanboy (too old for that). I have a number of Schiit products and trust me, if I try really, really hard, I can find something that could be improved with most of them, usually not sound-related. But guess what, I can do the same with any other manufacturer's product because I am a picky bastard. Why do I choose to buy and keep most of the Schiit stuff? Because their products always put the sound fidelity first and everything else second, and they are tremendous value.

Juan_R, NoahFence and Autiomatic like this.
  14. FrivolsListener
    He's not likely to talk about sound on his forum because his forum is all about measurements. I'm not going to throw him off a bridge just yet, however, he would never have made a diplomat, and god help anyone who had to work for him.

When I found his "home," I fully expected to see some guy with a $60 radioshack USB scope ragging on Schiit, but he did post a writeup of his test equipment. He's far better than that.

I really wanted to see him and Baldr hash it out, but he's so wound up about being banned from this thread (by Mike, he insists) that he's now virtually grinding his teeth. Which is a shame. A real discussion would have been a learning experience for me, and certainly others.

Juan_R and GearMe like this.
  15. garbulky
    Honestly, I don't think he or most people there care one bit how something sounds. It's mainly about how it measures. For "sound" they'll talk about double blind testing but I haven't seen much of that being done there. Nevertheless, most dbx tests will tell you that there is no significant difference detected. So I don't see much use in it since I hear a difference in real life usage.

They are more measurement oriented over there. I joined and posted a few things over there. Interesting to see how it goes. He posted measurements of the before and 24 hour warm up of the bifrost mb.

First

Back
458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467
469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478
Next

Last