What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
Next

Last
  1. Timster
    Sounds somewhat similar to the "scotch mod" i have read about :ksc75smile:

bosiemoncrieff likes this.
  2. ScottFree

3. theveterans
    Just saw a post there regarding Yggy sounding the same as ODAC lol. They lost their credibility to me with that. In short, it’s not worth caring.

sam6550a, RCBinTN and Ableza like this.
  4. bosiemoncrieff
    Bombay sapphire is nice, as is Tanqueray. But in cocktails, I think the moral of the story is that I can't taste a difference worth the $$, and so I should clearly spend it on getting more Schiit.

I'm trying to get my mind around Parsifal in advance of seeing it on Saturday. Act 3 in particular is just so ethereal, it's been a particular challenge to feel as though I have a mental roadmap. I need to get a full score rather than just the libretto. Acts 1 and 2 are a little easier, but Act 3 has an "assumption of the virgin" quality wherein Wagner feels as though he already has a foot significantly in the hereafter.

sam6550a and Ableza like this.
  5. liamo
    F1D7ACDC-396F-4D0E-9098-298914929254.gif
    That’s what was coming all along, no clicks because self promotion is what this nonsense has been all about from the beginning. Back your regular programming.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    sam6550a, crazychile and theveterans like this.
  6. Operaphile-
    You likely already have but keep in mind *when Wagner wrote this and his life circumstances. Interestingly keep in mind his absolute insistence on seeing the dove floating above the stage at the end of the opera. It does indeed show that Wagner was aware that his time was ending. He wasn’t the savoryest of characters and, like many at their journeys end, changed his focus to the hereafter, as you put it. I’ve found this interesting and it’s kept me glued to the music. As we know, the real emotional meaning of Wagner happens in the score.

FLTWS likes this.
  7. FLTWS
    LOL!

8. bosiemoncrieff
    I guess the difference between the scotch mod and the Kirkland Signature Gin mod is that the gin is called upon to relax nervosa about itself and not the parallel aesthetic experience of music. Don't bartenders oftentimes start their clients on the top shelf stuff for the first drink or two before switching down as the evening goes on? Should I start off with Hendricks and then switch to Kirkland Signature for the rest of the night?

Should I just put the K Signature gin into the empty Hendricks bottle that I just finished, so I have two identical Hendrickses?

The only thing crazier than Max Lorenz singing Siegmund at my age is the fact that Astrid Varnay debuted her Sieglinde—at the Met!—at 22. (Lauritz Melchior is opposite, some twenty-nine years older than his "twin sister.")

walkurenrit.png

9. FLTWS
    Just got back from my Fat Tuesday dinner at a local eatery. Gator appetizer, corn and crab soup, Jambalaya and pecan pie for dessert.
    Had a pair of martinis up with the Bombay Sapphire for the first time, very smooth.

10. FLTWS
    DECISIONS, DECISIONS.

walkurenrit.png

LOL!

11. RCBinTN
    Nice! We sent out a recipe for corn and shrimp soup on our Christmas cards this year.
    And, FWIW, I can testify the Hendricks gin is the real deal. Still the overall best is the Bombay. You nailed it @Ableza.
    Happy Mardi Gras to All

Ableza and BagelJoe like this.
  12. wabe
    There was speculation for a while (don't know if it was ever proven) that the Kirkland vodka is Grey Goose - they just turn off the labeling machine at a certain point, put the new labels in, and turn the assembly line back on. It wouldn't surprise me if all of their liquors are just white-labeled premium brands.

13. motberg
    Wow... I have been following the Elac Adante´s for a while now... if you have the chance, please comment on how they sound with the different DAC´s.
    TIA !

14. ScottFree
    For me it was mostly a crapload of pancakes all day. Had a few in the morning, then got invited by my mother for her annual Pancake Day Party where I had probably about a half dozen more. Then I went to my brother's house and had two Nutella pancakes. Haven't ate much since then and probably won't for a while.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  15. RCBinTN
    It's hard to beat a gator appetizer and jambalaya. My fav cajun food is gumbo...

First

Back
455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
Next

Last