1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474
Next

Last
  1. Alcophone
    @DrTone interpreted a certain radiant someone's measurements this way, while adding "I'm not expert". His post was removed and I'm not sure why, so I'm being really vague. I can just encourage everyone to subscribe to email notifications for this thread to stay in the loop.

2. GearMe
    A sad state really...sucks you don't feel you can be straight-forward in your posts!

Alcophone likes this.
  3. Ableza
    And I care about that... because?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    RCBinTN, Kn1nJa, sam6550a and 2 others like this.
  4. DrTone
    In all honesty my post did come across trollish but wasn't my intent. As mentioned, I indicated I was no expert and I was just interpreting someone else's measurements.

5. GearMe
    Thanks for the reply...didn't see your post but sometimes that happens on forums.

My comment was more about @Alcophone feeling they needed to be vague...which, tbh, could be for a variety of reasons but seems to be related to posts being removed?

6. Ableza
    Moderation on Head-Fi can be aggressive at times and sometimes posts disappear as if by magic, but in this thread it is handled by Mike Moffatt and he stated clearly that he removed posts from a few banned users and also some from others who had quoted the banned users. So if something got removed that you think should be here, repost it.

RCBinTN likes this.
  7. GearMe
    Agreed...about the varying moderation philosophies. It has been one of the reasons that I follow this thread more closely and I PM'd Mike regarding the recent activity.

Regarding reposting something removed, I'll leave that to the original author(s).

Merely commenting that it appears that the recent banning/removal/etc. may have had an effect on others' willingness to post 'direct' vs 'vague' commentary. If so, that's too bad. Again, I may be misreading what @Alcophone meant by their comment.

8. Alcophone
    It's exactly what I meant, one of my recent posts was removed, too, after I provided hints on how to find the supposed "bomb drop", which was considered a reference to a forum that must not be named. Too bad he doesn't post his content here, too, but I can certainly see why.

9. bosiemoncrieff
    So I compared the Kirkland Signature Gin with Hendricks, and in my favorite grapefruit cocktail, they were about equally good. Initially I preferred the Kirkland, though as we continued drinking the cocktails, I think I would give a slight edge to the Hendricks, but the differences were minute. All told, I'm going to save $40 a handle going forward.

RCBinTN, liamo, Ableza and 1 other person like this.
  10. FLTWS
    This is Mike's thread. He has been more than patient and diplomatic with everyone and accepting of a lot of commenting both pro and con and in handling disagreements.
    Unlike Mike I don't give anyone a second chance to piss on me. I'd make a terrible moderator.

MWSVette and bosiemoncrieff like this.
  11. FLTWS
    Will you be posting measurements and graphs for us to dispute?

12. AudioBear
    Not while he's below the noise floor.

Juan_R, motberg, Pandahead and 3 others like this.
  13. GearMe
    upload_2018-2-13_12-13-59.jpeg

Juan_R, RCBinTN, earnmyturns and 3 others like this.
  14. Ableza
    I'm a creature of habit and will stick with my Bombay Sapphire. But I did think the Kirkland small batch bourbon was nice.

RCBinTN and bosiemoncrieff like this.
  15. Scott Kramer
    IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_1165-2.JPG

Such problems ;D roughing it while yggy in the shop... the baby MB is nice too! Also a pic of slick Andrew Jones elac's compared to my previous speakers, very precise time alignment and midbass... freaky almost!!!

Each dac is different, the yggy, moby, psaudio "advanced segment" (burr browns term for hybrid 6-bit R2R / rest of the bits are ΔΣ) and nice rasppi dacs

First

Back
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474
Next

Last