What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
May 24, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #3,346 of 14,566
Looking forward to find out how the banjo picking in Nam led to the idea of the manhatten. Will it bring the sound of choppers and the smell of fresh napalm to our living rooms and will be called the Valkyrie. Transporting us to the eternal halls of Valhall with careless fighting and its endless supply of pork and mead.
On its way soon.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 24, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #3,347 of 14,566
Awesome work on the Gungnir.
Casually listening some Bob Marley and sometimes (depending on where I am/stand/sit) it`s like he is in the room instead of coming out of the speakers.
Assuming its not even your masterpiece(if Yggy is the crown that is) you are a true craftsman!
Consider me impressed.

May 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #3,348 of 14,566
As I have been catching up on the thread and figuring out the new HF site, your responses to Mikes desert Isle question have resulted in a list of music I will be exploring over the next few weeks. Thanks. I Missed the boat to the Island and was bummed for a bit but then I realized with all you Schiitheads out of the picture I will have free reign and the Schittr. I Have to make my way halfway across the country to get ther but on my way to the Schittr I will Scavenge for red base RCA 5692's and other 6SN7's of note as well as any Mofi CD's left behind in the scurry to the Island. Any Scotch, Whiskey or Bourbon and good beer that will make my time at the Schittr more enjoyable will be loaded on the pack mule or my old chevy truck if she is still running. I hear there is a restaurant next door so food is not a concern and coffee is on hand at the schittr so my other vise will be satisfied. My wife thinks I am nuts now but will think I have gone of the rails and will probably stay behind when I announce my plan but Sure as Schiit My Headphone wearing dog will be in tow.

May 24, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #3,349 of 14,566
I must have missed the offense but that's probably because I tend to ignore most of the noise on this and other threads, it's not why I'm here. But I agree that personal attacks, even if they are unintended or even if they come from people who should know better, need to go. Make fun if you must without resorting to that. And like @Baldr said, don't be a damn "snowflake" about everything. We have way to many of those in the world these days.

I blame the rise in snowflakedom on sports participation awards rather than allowing winners and losers, and on non-technical people who proclaim the technical "cause" for their subjective perceptual "effect." You know, the people who hang out at AVS and places like Sound Science. :ksc75smile:

May 24, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #3,350 of 14,566
When I want to revel in the dark side of human nature I go to Facebook. Here my faith in human nature is reinforced by seeing what people like Mike and Jason can accomplish. I also get a good laugh at many of the self-proclaimed "objectivists" on HeadFi who couldn't hold a candle to the knowledge and experience of Mike and Jason.

May 24, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #3,351 of 14,566
When I want to revel in the dark side of human nature I go to Facebook. Here my faith in human nature is reinforced by seeing what people like Mike and Jason can accomplish. I also get a good laugh at many of the self-proclaimed "objectivists" on HeadFi who couldn't hold a candle to the knowledge and experience of Mike and Jason.

Right now, here in Great Britain, Facebook is not a nice place to be. Headfi, and the Schiit threads especially, are a calm oasis of music, audio, and humour.

May 24, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #3,353 of 14,566
I must have missed the offense but that's probably because I tend to ignore most of the noise on this and other threads, it's not why I'm here. But I agree that personal attacks, even if they are unintended or even if they come from people who should know better, need to go. Make fun if you must without resorting to that. And like @Baldr said, don't be a damn "snowflake" about everything. We have way to many of those in the world these days.

I blame the rise in snowflakedom on sports participation awards rather than allowing winners and losers, and on non-technical people who proclaim the technical "cause" for their subjective perceptual "effect." You know, the people who hang out at AVS and places like Sound Science. :ksc75smile:
when TOS says no personal attack, it isn't to legitimize bullying entire made up groups of people. if you know what I mean...

also snowflakes are on the rise => climate change.
take that flat earth advocates.

May 24, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #3,354 of 14,566
when TOS says no personal attack, it isn't to legitimize bullying entire made up groups of people. if you know what I mean...

Why not be clear and tell us exactly what you mean?

May 24, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #3,356 of 14,566
We are all entitled to our own imaginative constructs. Oh, and I spend time in his sub-forum because I have something to learn from those I do not always agree with. Over time, it makes for better DACs from me.

I just have got to write this. Mike you be the Man. Prosit my friend.
@Baldr

All the Best -
RCBinTN

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #3,357 of 14,566
TOS is...?
Google thinks its a shoulder/neckproblem of sorts.

Terms of Service, the principles we live by here on Head-Fi. Everybody should read 'em from time to time. It's good advice for posts and selling gear.

May 24, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,360 of 14,566

also snowflakes are on the rise => climate change.
take that flat earth advocates.

Ahhhhh...I'm misinformed again. :wink:
I thought snowflakes were on the decline due to global warming...time to go fishing! :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back