Westone ES5
Oct 22, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #301 of 5,554

Quote:

I'll certainly get artwork done (might as well). Are we allowed to use corporate logos like Apple? What if I wanted to use a Pink Floyd cover (DSotM)?

I suspect Westone might not allow the Apple logo due to copyright issues. As far as I'm concerned, u have to send in ur choice of artwork for approval before they will confirm the incorporation of the artwork on ES5.

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #302 of 5,554
glad to see you decided with es5...
i'm still debating whether to get es5 or go all in with jh16 for more bass fun...
btw, how are warranties on es5 or jh ? 2 years?
for the price i would really appreciate lifetime warranty

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #303 of 5,554

Quote:
glad to see you decided with es5...
i'm still debating whether to get es5 or go all in with jh16 for more bass fun...
btw, how are warranties on es5 or jh ? 2 years?
for the price i would really appreciate lifetime warranty

JH has 2 years warranty. Westone only has 1 year. But Westone has a 90 day impressions refit period.

It depends on ur choice of SQ. If u listen to more rock n pop, I suspect the 16s might be a better choice.
If u have a variety of music, I would recommend u going for ES5 or the 13s.
Juz my 2 cents.
Enjoy the decision making dude!
beyersmile.png

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #304 of 5,554
thanks for your answer.

I have another question regarding heat building up.

I enjoy my se530 alot and while its fit is alright, i get irritated by heat making me wanting to unplug. ( I am using olive tips)

anyone has this issue with your custom iems?

which would be better in that situation? hard acrylic tip or soft tip?

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #305 of 5,554
Quote:

It depends on ur choice of SQ. If u listen to more rock n pop, I suspect the 16s might be a better choice.

Maybe... but based on what? The comments of JH16 owners that have never heard the ES5? Me, I have never heard the JH16s so I can only question, not clarify.

The ES5s are excellent with rock and pop if that helps. And indeed with other genres too.

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #306 of 5,554
Looks like a bad start. I sent an email to "Music@westone.com" with lots of questions few days ago.No reply yet. I was hoping to get started on this ASAP , now i am wondering will the service be as bad as well.. 

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #307 of 5,554
Emails are often an issue with these companies unless you direct it at a specific person. Everyone is busy and assumes that someone else took ownership. Call their toll free number. I have had good experiences talking to them directly (and I have to call it from China; it's free from Chicago.)  1-800-525-5071

Oct 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #310 of 5,554

Quote:
Looks like a bad start. I sent an email to "Music@westone.com" with lots of questions few days ago.No reply yet. I was hoping to get started on this ASAP , now i am wondering will the service be as bad as well.. 

I have never had a problem with emailing them every time I have sent an email I have gotten a response the same day.

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #311 of 5,554

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Joe-Siow 

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe... but based on what? The comments of JH16 owners that have never heard the ES5? Me, I have never heard the JH16s so I can only question, not clarify.
The ES5s are excellent with rock and pop if that helps. And indeed with other genres too.

yeah, but paul, the important question is which is best for Gentle Giant!  
wink_face.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
etysmile.gif
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #312 of 5,554

Quote:

I can take a day, some time 2 for our CS team to respond to emails. They get quite a bit of email and phone calls per day. Be patient with them, they do their best. Also, a phone call can be a quick solution. 800-525-5071.

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #313 of 5,554

Quote:
Aww man! That leaves mr still saving up for it.

Ps: mind meetig to let me have a look at it when it arrives ?
Pps: did you went digisound to do your impression ?

Ty:)

i certainly dun mind meeting. juz PM me to leave me ur contact or emeow so that we can arrange.
nope. i went to ace hearing at taka. they were slightly cheaper than digisound.

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #314 of 5,554

Quote:
Quote:

i haven't heard ES5. but i did audition a universal set of JH16 at Jaben. it has this heavy bass sound signature that appeals to rock and pop, but the clarity is certainly still there. more of a more "fun" version of JH13 if u know wat i mean.

but from the impressions gathered from this thread, ES5 seems to be good on clarity and is quite transparent, thus making it suitable for jazz tracks, which makes the bulk of my audio collection. anyway it's great to hear that ES5 is also excellent with rock and pop!

cheers... can't wait for mine to arrive.

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #315 of 5,554

Quote:
I can take a day, some time 2 for our CS team to respond to emails. They get quite a bit of email and phone calls per day. Be patient with them, they do their best. Also, a phone call can be a quick solution. 800-525-5071.

Thanks p0wderhound23.. I did get my reply late this afternoon. Now i need to find the audiologists in my area. Also another quick question .. i heard if you ordered from audiologists Westone will the IEM to them. Can i go to audiologists and take the impression and send it to westone so that i can work directly ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back