Westone ES5
Oct 21, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #286 of 5,554
@Joe-Slow:  I am in Shanghai. When you go to check-out for an accessory purchase on the Westone site, they will first encourage you to buy through a local agent. Then if you still want to continue, you will find that the pull-down list of shipping destinations includes many countries.

@animalsrush:  Anytime.

@MusicFirst: You will probably get free included  shipping between your dealer and Westone in the USA too. That can save you a lot of money over buying directly from a manufacturer and getting hit both ways (and again on any refits).

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #287 of 5,554

Quote:
@Joe-Slow:  I am in Shanghai. When you go to check-out for an accessory purchase on the Westone site, they will first encourage you to buy through a local agent. Then if you still want to continue, you will find that the pull-down list of shipping destinations includes many countries.

Ah... great... i'll seriously consider then. it's great to know that i'm not juz restricted to getting stuff from Thinking Group.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #288 of 5,554

Quote:
Initially, I was going to spend $1050 for the JH13 and also pay an additional $50 for impressions, but it looks like a Westone dealer in Canada should be able to do the impressions for free, and I'd end up spending only $950 + sales tax. Sign me up.

What is the turnaround for a pair right now? JHA and UE are around 2-3 weeks.

Westone is saying 5-7 days.

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #289 of 5,554

Quote:

Just checked Westone's website. Shipping to Asia ain't cheap at all. Will have to consider then decide if getting.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #290 of 5,554
@cooperpwc

Does the Westone Monitor Saver do anything better than the UE Metal Case? I am considering getting one or the other. Thanks in advance.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #292 of 5,554
Quote:
@cooperpwc

Does the Westone Monitor Saver do anything better than the UE Metal Case? I am considering getting one or the other. Thanks in advance.

The UE metal case is brilliant. I have one from my Triple-fi's and it fits the ES5 perfectly. It is the smallest case (total volume, the Monitor Saver is less wide but also holds the included desiccant pod). The UE case is very hard which makes it a great portable solution.

The advantage of the Monitor Saver is the desiccant which makes it a great solution both at home and portable. And I still have a hard time with the concept of carrying around $1,000 Westone IEMs in a UE case. :)

EDIT: I should add that so far I really do prefer the Westone Monitor Saver. The lesser width means that it actually fits better beside my iMod/Stepdance brick in my bag. Having the desiccant pod in such a small space means that the ES5 is really kept dry (it was specifically designed for that) which will extend the ES5's life. It is very easy to place them in and take them out. At this point, I am using the Monitor Saver for full-time storage both home and in portable use.

Quote:
Where is the shipping info? I can't seem to find the rates for international ES5 shipments. 

No, you can't buy the ES5 online - just accessories.

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #294 of 5,554
Seeing as how I see an Aussie dealer asking $1759 AU (1:1 USD exchange rate) and a UK site listing 1,000 quid (!), I wonder how much you folks in Asia have to pay.

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #296 of 5,554
Hong Kong:  HKD 7,999. Includes trans-Pacific shipping. (No idea about artwork as had no interest)

Ear impressions are HKD 200 using their recommendation but I suggest that you PM me before doing so.

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #297 of 5,554
That's very reasonable. As usual, Britons and many Europeans get screwed.

I'll certainly get artwork done (might as well). Are we allowed to use corporate logos like Apple? What if I wanted to use a Pink Floyd cover (DSotM)?

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #299 of 5,554

Quote:
@joe-siow: thinking group singapore prices are quite ok IMO, with freight included. when u planning to get the es5 ?

i've already gotten the ES5. currently juz waiting for delivery.
juz deliberating on the accesories. coz the shipping from US to Singapore is quite hefty.
will enquire from Janice from Thinking Group when i collect my ES5 if they can bring in the accesories.

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #300 of 5,554

Quote:
Seeing as how I see an Aussie dealer asking $1759 AU (1:1 USD exchange rate) and a UK site listing 1,000 quid (!), I wonder how much you folks in Asia have to pay.

ouch!!! that's very very ex...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back