Westone ES5
Oct 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #271 of 5,554
Does anyone know if I can send my DIY custom ear plugs to Westone and use them as my ear-moulds?
(i.e. the ones that you buy two containers of materials and DIY at home, mixing them and stuff into the ears and wait a couple of hours for them to set)

I've got a pair of these that I use for (motor)bike rides, does Westone accept these to be used as my ear mould?
(e.g. something like these: http://tinypic.com/r/2ngcxo8/7)

Cheers.

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #273 of 5,554
Cheers, but I'm actually in Australia
I will send them an email and see how to go from there

beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #274 of 5,554
Some goodies arrived today. I ordered these accessories directly from Westone in the USA. When you live where I do, shipping costs almost as much as the items so I was sure to get everything I might want, specifically:

1. Audiologist’s Choice Audio Wipes™:  Pop-up canister, 160 wipes
  2. Audiologist’s Choice Audio Wipes™:  Singles (individually packaged wipes), 100/box
  3. Replacement Desiccant Pod
  4. Monitor Saver

The Monitor Saver is a revelation. I think that this may displace both the original Pelican box and also my Otter 1000 box for every day home and portable storage. It is so simple. There is a standard Westone desiccant pod at the bottom and a thin piece of protective foam. You just drop the IEMs in and coil the cable on top. It is made of soft plastic that is plenty strong. (I am slipping it into a padded pouch - because I have one - but I do not think that this is necessary.)

Smart product!

The wipes are great and I need them given my somewhat waxy ears.  

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #277 of 5,554

Quote:
Hi fellow head-fiers, while we patiently wait for HPA's review I came across this review and want to share. I searched in the thread and didn't see the link posted.

http://www.l2pnet.com/stories/westone-es5-iems-10142010

That's a nice review, and I agree with the author wholeheartedly.  I usually never give up my conclusions before my review is written, but in the case of these ES5 I was so astonished by the sound that I had to let the cat out of the bag.  If I only could pick one IEM of any type, it would be the ES5.  After my Flagship custom IEM review I used my JH13Pro and ES3X about 50% of the time each, but since this August I use my ES5 90% of the time.

Oct 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #279 of 5,554

Quote:
Some goodies arrived today. I ordered these accessories directly from Westone in the USA. When you live where I do, shipping costs almost as much as the items so I was sure to get everything I might want, specifically:

1. Audiologist’s Choice Audio Wipes™:  Pop-up canister, 160 wipes
  2. Audiologist’s Choice Audio Wipes™:  Singles (individually packaged wipes), 100/box
  3. Replacement Desiccant Pod
  4. Monitor Saver

The Monitor Saver is a revelation. I think that this may displace both the original Pelican box and also my Otter 1000 box for every day home and portable storage. It is so simple. There is a standard Westone desiccant pod at the bottom and a thin piece of protective foam. You just drop the IEMs in and coil the cable on top. It is made of soft plastic that is plenty strong. (I am slipping it into a padded pouch - because I have one - but I do not think that this is necessary.)

Smart product!

The wipes are great and I need them given my somewhat waxy ears.  

super cool stuff!!!
hmm...
maybe i should get some wipes for my incoming ES5 as well...

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #281 of 5,554

Quote:
Quote:

Good idea. (And for $8.75, get the Monitor Saver too.)

@viator36. Good catch. It is nice to see experienced reviewers appreciating this fine IEM.

no idea how much they would cost to get in by Thinking Group here in Singapore.
no way of getting direct from Westone...

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #282 of 5,554
Joe-Slow, I wanted to get the accessories through ThinkingGroup but they have never sold them before. They didn't have stock, they didn't have pricing... Nothing was going to happen quickly so I just ordered online. I am quite sure that Westone will ship to Singapore - they shipped to China.

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #283 of 5,554

Quote:
Joe-Slow, I wanted to get the accessories through ThinkingGroup but they have never sold them before. They didn't have stock, they didn't have pricing... Nothing was going to happen quickly so I just ordered online. I am quite sure that Westone will ship to Singapore - they shipped to China.

shipping's gonna cost me quite a bit if i got direct from Westone. but i'll see how it goes. maybe i'll juz wait for my ES5 to arrive before mentioning the other stuff to the Thinking Group lady.

where r u based? u got Westone to ship direct to China?

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #284 of 5,554
This site is nuts.. Every time i visit i end up spending money .. I had my mind on my first custom and wanted to get JH 16. But always liked the westone sound ( Owned Um2 and currently have Um3x). Then i stumbled on this and read all of 19 pages and have made up my mind to get me one of these. I have sent an email to Westone with list of questions and may reach out to the early adopters if i have specific questions. I am psyched as well as terrified .. Will keep you posted on my journey 

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #285 of 5,554
Initially, I was going to spend $1050 for the JH13 and also pay an additional $50 for impressions, but it looks like a Westone dealer in Canada should be able to do the impressions for free, and I'd end up spending only $950 + sales tax. Sign me up.

What is the turnaround for a pair right now? JHA and UE are around 2-3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back