Westone ES5
Jul 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #2,956 of 5,554
So, do you guys think it is worth getting the UERM as a complment to ES5 and 18 pro? Main problem here is I only have one pair of ears. On the other hand, I am thinking about further upgrading the IEM cable to Crystal Piccolino. It costs similar to a 18 Pro and more than the UERM or ES5 but if it takes them so much further then I may get the cable rather than the UERM.

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #2,957 of 5,554

Quote:
So, do you guys think it is worth getting the UERM as a complment to ES5 and 18 pro? Main problem here is I only have one pair of ears. On the other hand, I am thinking about further upgrading the IEM cable to Crystal Piccolino. It costs similar to a 18 Pro and more than the UERM or ES5 but if it takes them so much further then I may get the cable rather than the UERM.

I don't think Piccolino is good. Just my 2 cents.

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2,958 of 5,554

Quote:

That would be a contender for the biggest waste of money in history.

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #2,959 of 5,554
Hey there!
I have 3 pairs of non stock cables for my ES5s. 
Crystal Piccolino, ALO Copper, ALO Silver.
I would say Crystal Piccolino is definitely not worth the price...
In terms of SQ upgrades, its a significant upgrade but not to the extent of costing 8000hkd.
I would say if they were priced at 4000-5000HKd then it would be a worthy purchase.
It is essentially a fusion of ALO Copper and Silver in terms of Tone with a slightly expanded soundstage.

I do not recommend them. Unless you can find them at a cheaper price.

Quote:

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #2,960 of 5,554
Thanks Arrigoshred, money saved. Maybe a nice pair of UERM or ED8 then, after I sell my ED10 and T5p. :)

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #2,961 of 5,554

Quote:
Hey there!
How long have you had them for?
I would say for the first week or so the fit wont be perfect. After that it begins to get better and depending on how good your initial ear impressions are they will reach a near perfect fit.
In terms of determining if the fit is perfect I would say when you put them on do you feel like everything is completely blocked? If so then I would say its a near perfect fit

hi
thank you for your reply.
I god them in last week fit is better day by day.
According to your answer there is no fit issue.

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #2,962 of 5,554
I saw Parrots (UK member) offering it with a very good price. Check out his classified.

Quote:
Thanks Arrigoshred, money saved. Maybe a nice pair of UERM or ED8 then, after I sell my ED10 and T5p. :)

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #2,963 of 5,554
Close-up on my new set. My images are 720 dpi, and if 1440 dpi is 100 % smoother than these then I suppose that's quite good. I have my doubts however, iirc Anaxilus' art was ~300 dpi (?) and they were pretty much as sharp as mine. Quite pleased with the new color scheme though...

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #2,965 of 5,554
That shot was taken at the labs - they wanted to run it by me before they let it go, which impressed me really.

They lined up the art alot better this time around, and the shells look polished and smooth. Tips seem longer too, and they're curved, unlike my first set. Hopefully these will get past the tiny folds inside my ear canals that I suspect are responsible for muffling the highs slightly.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #2,967 of 5,554

Quote:
That shot was taken at the labs - they wanted to run it by me before they let it go, which impressed me really.

They lined up the art alot better this time around, and the shells look polished and smooth. Tips seem longer too, and they're curved, unlike my first set. Hopefully these will get past the tiny folds inside my ear canals that I suspect are responsible for muffling the highs slightly.

They are great pics - did you deal with Westone in the US, as I'm out of the US like you, just wondered how you ordered or where you purchased them from, cheers

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #2,969 of 5,554
Thanks guys, fingers crossed that they look as good in person this time.

@spazz: happy for ya!

@DaeO: I got mine through Earplug Superstore. I've got about 60 e-mails back and forth and they've always been great. I was upset when they charged me shipping costs for my refit, but after expressing my concerns they were willing to drop that. Shipping is a couple of days extra, since the retailer holds the cables, and possibly some of the other accessories, so the monitors will stop by their offices before shipping overseas.

It'll save you alot of money going that route, as opposed to ordering from Variphone, but shipping costs money and takes time - this especially becomes a problem should you need a refit.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #2,970 of 5,554
hi guys, just a question,

after using my es5 for about 7months, the tips have a slight yellowish colour, in bright light, it looks okay, but in normal condition, able to see that its yellowish

is there anyway to turn it back to clear transparent, or at least lighten the yellowish colour??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back