Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Dec 11, 2010 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5,568

Flavio T

Member of the Trade: EarphoneSolutions.com
Yesterday, Dec 10 around 7:00 pm, Lynn Kehler, Westone's CEO, posts a pic on his personal Twitter account showing an iPad and what might look like the Westone 4.

His comments were limited to "I'm testing out a new iPad...man, the sound quality is great!

The picture looks blurry and we don't know if he let this cat out of the bag by accident or if the camera color is completely off and rendered the red an orange, but I'm almost sure I can read a "4" on those earpieces:

Westone 4 ?!?

I guess it could be a Westone 3 :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 5,568
Interesting indeed. I guess it will be a race between Westone and JAYS for the first 4 drivers universal to hit the market if that's a "4".

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 5,568
Ok, my wallet just ran for the door at the mere threat of a W4.  I'll gladly be a guinea pig for those bad boys when they come out, or if they come out.  I have complete faith in Westone's ability to bring them together (tuning and crossover wise).  The decay of the W3 is fantastic.  I haven't heard another BA that comes close to sounding as dynamic or natural when it comes to sustain and body of note (without adding artificial reverb).  My pre-order goes in as soon as they are officially announced.

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 5,568
At first glance, I was going to suggest those just look like Westone 3 limited edition.

But that DOES look like a 4! Holy Crud............ 

I thought they said they couldn't fit anymore into the universal type shells?

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #9 of 5,568
if true, i hope this time they'll have replaceable cables

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #10 of 5,568
It doesn't look like it from the picture...... it looks like it has the same strain relief as W3's.

Does this mean there'll also be UM4X?! argh...... time to sell gear and clear space...........*headache*

Dec 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #11 of 5,568

Quote:
It doesn't look like it from the picture...... it looks like it has the same strain relief as W3's.

Does this mean there'll also be UM4X?! argh...... time to sell gear and clear space...........*headache*

It definitely looks like non-removable cables. The braided cables look different though. As if a non-shiny version.

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #12 of 5,568

it's probably still in the prototyping stages, so there's still some hope :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back